SG Talk

Full Version: Boy, 11, saves the lives of two people on the same day in US
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UPDATED 3 HOURS AGO

Davyon, who lives in Muskogee, Oklahoma, who was honoured by his community this month for saving the life of a fellow student who was choking and an older woman who was escaping a house fire, both on Dec 9.

On the morning of Dec 9, Davyon was by the water fountain at school when he heard a seventh-grade boy say: "I'm choking."

A cap from a water bottle had slipped into his throat, Ms Dawkins said.

Davyon wrapped his arms around the student's abdomen and performed the Heimlich manoeuvre, a technique he had learnt on YouTube. He squeezed the boy's abdomen three times before the cap flew out.

Then about 5pm that day, Ms Johnson and her son were on the road when they spotted smoke coming from a house.

"I didn't think nothing of it, but he was like, 'No, Momma, this is a house on fire'," Ms Johnson recalled her son saying.

She turned the car around, and there was a small fire near the back of the house.

Davyon knocked on the front door.

Five people stepped outside, saw what was happening and ran, Ms Johnson said. A sixth person, however, was having trouble. She was older and was using a walker.

"She wasn't moving fast enough," Davyon said. "So I've got to kind of help her get to her truck because everybody was leaving."

They arrived at the woman’s truck. The sun was setting, and church services would begin soon, so Davyon said goodbye to the woman, whom he didn’t know, and got into his mother’s car.

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/unite...-day-in-us
5 ppl ran away leaving that old woman alone behind? this must be their culture
(27-12-2021, 01:25 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]5 ppl ran away leaving that old woman alone behind? this must be their culture

I don't understand why the 5 persons cannot help the old woman to flee the fire.....? crying Thinking
Father spirit lives on