SG Talk

Full Version: Review of my stocks picks from beginning of 2021
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was posted in the old forum. I have been picking stocks at beginning of year to hold for one year since 2018. Since we are near end of the year here is how the 2021 picks performed.

The 2021 stock picks were:
1. .Boustead (85cts) now $1 (+17%)
2   Hotung ($1.65) now  $2.13 (+29)
3. Pacific Cehtury.(33cts) now 39cts(+18%)

Dividends paid:
Boustead 8.5cts 10%
Hotung 20cts 12% 
Pacific Century 8.1cts 24%

Total return were 27%, 41% and 42% respectively.

Avg return 37%.

This is the 4th year we had double digit returns and beaten the STI by a reasonably wide margin. 

It merely shows there are still good picks on the Singapore stock exchange.

The stocks I buy during your year itself were also posted these include taking advantage of demerger of Semb Industry. Taking advantage of SPH delisting. I don't recall all of them off my head as there were many opportunities throughout the year 

For my HK stocks which were mostly concentrated in China Tech, it has been a tough year as the HS Tech Index closed at the low for the year.
overall nett gain?
(28-12-2021, 06:03 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]overall nett gain?

Every year i put out a set of stocks I buy at beginning kf year and track to the end.

For the rest of the portfolio there are changes throughout the years as i buy and sell throughout the year and take advantage of various delisting offers and special situations so I don't intend to have the whole thing tracked openly due to complexity and a challenge to follow. But I do post almost very trade.

For.my sjngapore portfolio I probably crushed the STI index performance because my biggest holding is iFast at beginning of the year and I did not sell any right up to end.

My HK holding us much smaller and all with the same brokerage so it can be tracked. As for my HK stocks my last check was in sep 2021 and I was up 16% despite the HSTech index hitting all time low at that time. Since then the stocks have fallen lower so I have slight losses or break even.  You cam check all my holdings in my HK stock thread with all the trades buying price and selling price. Such a small portforlio is actually quite complex to follow that js why I don't post my entire Singapore portforlio which will be just too hard to track.

For US stocks I do not have a significant positions ..thus  year just bought viacomcbs,  Intel and Micron. Average return is near  zero because Viackmcbs pulled down my returns on the other 2 stocks.
My returns are 30% for stocks this year, excluding dividends. Mainly US and HK stocks. I am quite happy with it as I am a novice investor. Overall gain around $150K.
my return more than 100% but diam diam nia......Huat aghhhh !!! 

Clapping Laughing
(28-12-2021, 06:54 PM)cwc29 Wrote: [ -> ]my return more than 100% but diam diam nia......Huat aghhhh !!! 
Rotfl
Clapping Laughing

Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

Congrats plse share uour future investments so we can learn.

I still have long way to go  in terms of investment knowledge.
(28-12-2021, 06:28 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Every year i put out a set of stocks I buy at beginning kf year and track to the end.

For the rest of the portfolio there are changes throughout the years as i buy and sell throughout the year and take advantage of various delisting offers and special situations so I don't intend to have the whole thing tracked openly due to complexity and a challenge to follow. But I do post almost very trade.

For.my sjngapore portfolio I probably crushed the STI index performance because my biggest holding is iFast at beginning of the year and I did not sell any right up to end.

My HK holding us much smaller and all with the same brokerage so it can be tracked. As for my HK stocks my last check was in sep 2021 and I was up 16% despite the HSTech index hitting all time low at that time. Since then the stocks have fallen lower so I have slight losses or break even.  You cam check all my holdings in my HK stock thread with all the trades buying price and selling price. Such a small portforlio is actually quite complex to follow that js why I don't post my entire Singapore portforlio which will be just too hard to track.

For US stocks I do not have a significant positions ..thus  year just bought viacomcbs,  Intel and Micron. Average return is near  zero because Viackmcbs pulled down my returns on the other 2 stocks.

for any business it's necessary to track and summarise yr nett loss/gain at the end of the fiscal yr regardless of how complex it is. otherwise you'll be very blur, duno what and how you are doing

you see others can give numbers like 30%, 100%... mine only about 23%
(28-12-2021, 07:06 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]for any business it's necessary to track and summarise yr nett loss/gain at the end of the fiscal yr regardless of how complex it is. otherwise you'll be very blur, duno what and how you are doing

you see others can give numbers like 30%, 100%... mine only about 23%

Obviously, he don't have good result to show mah. U expect him to lie meh?
(28-12-2021, 07:00 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Clapping Clapping Clapping Clapping

Congrats plse share uour future investments so we can learn.

I still have long way to go  in terms of investment knowledge.

me ka ka hoot high risk + fast + furious return type of stock but die also super fast  .... sorry not for everyone here 

crying
Not much people buy tech stock ?
(28-12-2021, 05:45 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]It was posted in the old forum. I have been picking stocks at beginning of year to hold for one year since 2018. Since we are near end of the year here is how the 2021 picks performed.

The 2021 stock picks were:
1. .Boustead (85cts) now $1 (+17%)
2   Hotung ($1.65) now  $2.13 (+29)
3. Pacific Cehtury.(33cts) now 39cts(+18%)

Dividends paid:
Boustead 8.5cts 10%
Hotung 20cts 12% 
Pacific Century 8.1cts 24%

Total return were 27%, 41% and 42% respectively.

Avg return 37%.

This is the 4th year we had double digit returns and beaten the STI by a reasonably wide margin. 

It merely shows there are still good picks on the Singapore stock exchange.

The stocks I buy during your year itself were also posted these include taking advantage of demerger of Semb Industry. Taking advantage of SPH delisting. I don't recall all of them off my head as there were many opportunities throughout the year 

For my HK stocks which were mostly concentrated in China Tech, it has been a tough year as the HS Tech Index closed at the low for the year.

[Image: safe-image.gif]