SG Talk

Full Version: President Halimah encourages S’poreans to ‘live our lives with greater optimism ’
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
President Halimah encourages S’poreans to ‘live our lives with greater optimism in 2022’, netizens unconvinced situation improving

https://theindependent.sg/president-hali...improving/
What a nonsensical encouragement. See what the pappies did all these while? I did not select or vote for this president. Not my choice.
#Notmypresident#. She say such things is totally useless.

PLZ! How to be optimistic when PAP Policies are the same 3 or 5 years ago?

Nothing has changed means that the job market for mid- career citizens will be as equally bad 3 years ago.

If she is sincere, SHOW me what changes she has driven and the FULL data, lah.

Talk Cock President.
Not people's president when MTF was dividing the people by vaccination status and she just kept quiet.
What is there to look forward to? Covid is here to stay. Utilities( water and electricity rates are already up) , Transport costs up, Food costs up , and medical fees up. GST coming soon . Rubbish talk by not my president.
(30-12-2021, 09:39 AM)ODA TETSURO Wrote: [ -> ]Not people's president when MTF was dividing the people by vaccination status and she just kept quiet.

Yes here yes there and doing always nothing. But still can earn how much per year including bonuses?
when u have millions in ur bank u can live with great optimism
(30-12-2021, 09:58 AM)Rainforest Wrote: [ -> ]when u have millions in ur bank u can live with great optimism
Amen!
All Singaporeans should live like she did..

???
(30-12-2021, 09:50 AM)surfer Wrote: [ -> ]What is there to look forward to? Covid is here to stay. Utilities( water and electricity rates are already up) , Transport costs up, Food costs up , and medical fees up. GST coming soon . Rubbish talk by not my president.
 coming  carbon tax is a real killer.
only pap ministers mps n the president can look fwrd to more gd yrs,not the others
(30-12-2021, 09:50 AM)surfer Wrote: [ -> ]What is there to look forward to? Covid is here to stay. Utilities( water and electricity rates are already up) , Transport costs up, Food costs up , and medical fees up. GST coming soon . Rubbish talk by not my president.

when u have millions dollar salary u can be everyday optimism lor. hahaha
(30-12-2021, 09:36 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]#Notmypresident#. She say such things is totally useless.

PLZ! How to be optimistic when PAP Policies are the same 3 or 5 years ago?

Nothing has changed means that the job market for mid- career citizens  will be as equally bad 3 years ago.

If she is sincere, SHOW me what changes she has driven and the FULL data, lah.

Talk Cock President.
A Cock will always crow in the early morning to catch attention.
(30-12-2021, 12:07 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]A Cock will always crow in the early morning to catch attention.

BEST ANALOGY
Tok cock sing song...she earn how much we earn how much?? Can compare meh??
When u have snakes n ladders pessimistic overcomes optimistic  
Ivory towers too high out of touch from common ground  Rolleyes
I still don't get it why we bother to have a President... For royals such as sultan and queen I can understand cos they gave way to Constitution instead of ruling the country.. but Singapore having a President?
(30-12-2021, 05:35 PM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't get it why we bother to have a President... For royals such as sultan and queen I can understand cos they gave way to Constitution instead of ruling the country.. but Singapore having a President?

Why do we have a president, when they cannot have any power, only a figure head and it cost so much of tax payers money...? Laughing Rotfl
(30-12-2021, 05:46 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Why do we have a president, when they cannot have any power, only a figure head and it cost so much of tax payers money...? Laughing Rotfl
When we hv Honourable Ong Teng Cheong and Dr Tan Cheng Bock, it wud be a different story. I believed Tan Cheng Bock wil dare to stand up to fight for Singaporeans. Honourable Ong already did.
(30-12-2021, 08:22 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]When we hv Honourable Ong Teng Cheong and Dr Tan Cheng Bock, it wud be a different story.

I agree with your stance....... Clapping Laughing
(30-12-2021, 08:22 PM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]When we hv Honourable Ong Teng Cheong and Dr Tan Cheng Bock, it wud be a different story. I believed Tan Cheng Bock wil dare to stand up to fight for Singaporeans. Honourable Ong already did.

(30-12-2021, 08:25 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with your stance....... Clapping Laughing
Honourable Ong Teng Cheong is a man of virtues with immaculate character. He possess lots of wisdom.
Who is she? Looks familiar leh..
(30-12-2021, 11:02 PM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]Who is she? Looks familiar leh..

No eyes see ah? Lol
Sounds like The Istana either a prison or a detention centre?
(30-12-2021, 09:18 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]What a nonsensical encouragement. See what the pappies did all these while? I did not select or vote for this president. Not my choice.

Youi can also say you voted for Lim Tean, you did not vote for PAP, but PM Lee is now your PM whether or not you like it.

Or someone can say he lives in a constituency with a walkover, and he did not vote for PAP which won only because no oppie party contested there.  But like it or not, his MP s a PAP MP!  Suck it up!
(30-12-2021, 05:35 PM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't get it why we bother to have a President... For royals such as sultan and queen I can understand cos they gave way to Constitution instead of ruling the country.. but Singapore having a President?
Should we follow the US system?

PM Lee becomes the President, acting as both Head of State and Head of Government?
(30-12-2021, 09:18 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]What a nonsensical encouragement. See what the pappies did all these while? I did not select or vote for this president. Not my choice.

She is not a EP but a SP...... Angry Laughing
(31-12-2021, 06:42 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Should we follow the US system?

PM Lee becomes the President, acting as both Head of State and Head of Government?
Effectively our President is ceremonial and so call holds the second key to reserves. I don't really see why we need to pay someone more than $2.5mil tax free each year for such a post.
(31-12-2021, 06:44 PM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]Effectively our President is ceremonial and so call holds the second key to reserves. I don't really see why we need to pay someone more than $2.5mil tax free each year for such a post.

It is big waste of tax payers money..... Angry Laughing
Great joke.
Pretending not to know.
Pages: 1 2