SG Talk

Full Version: S'pore ease border measures with Taiwan - can consider going
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ya, go twn but i wonder you'll get to see anything 'cause taiwanese all shn.

Article didn't say clearly.. Questions to think about/dig further..

1) Does the inbound travelers need to be vaccinated before they are let in??

2) What is the nationwide vaccination rate for Taiwan now? I remember is around 30% max..

So what is the criteria to ease border control? If it doesn't based on whether the person is vaccinated, nor whether the country has a high vaccination rate, then, what view does it reflect on our country in term of vaccination?? Then why are we pushing so hard for everyone, including the elderly, to be vaccinated

Is Taiwan opening up in the same manner to Singapore??
TW is not open to foreign tourists. Can't go yet.
(06-08-2021, 09:57 AM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]TW is not open to foreign tourists. Can't go yet.

Which lead to the next question.. How does the opening up benefit Singapore?

Foreign policies is always about same standing.. You open up to me, I open up to you.. Singapore keep doing it the other way round..
welcome Tw Xmms…please stay longer and think of settling down here..
Taiwanese arriving into Singapore does not requires to be vaccinated. But upon arrival they have to compete all the necessary supporting documents to state they are clear from the virus. All Taiwanese are still required to do the swap test locally before they fly into Singapore.

A swap test will be done at the Changi airport and they will need to stay at their designated place until the results proof that they are negative from the virus.

This opening is not reciprocated in Taiwan. Taiwan is not opening up fro foreigners just yet and for Taiwanese returning to Taiwan will need to be quarantined in a hotel for 16 days, 15 nights in the quarantine hotel.
Think we open up ourselves. We may open up to certain country but their people who wish to come here cannot come here.