SG Talk

Full Version: Remember to clear the tray, no chance from today ….
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The white pirates bery yeow kui now …… unless you wanna donate $300 to them

Food court, coffee shop diners who do not clear tables will face fines from Jan 1 …. HUAT HAR  nudie

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ea-2144741
Either da bao or do the needful... a gracious society need not fine here n there to remind ppl of their social behaviour... if it does sumwhere education or civic mindedness has gone awry
(01-01-2022, 02:14 PM)Galilo_l Wrote: [ -> ]Either da bao or do the needful... a gracious society need not fine here n there to remind ppl of their social behaviour... if it does sumwhere education or civic mindedness has gone awry

People are the same all eras.

Whether it is the PG or the zoomers, they are all the same.

And the same in all countries.

This is why there are police, law, and lawbreakers....and jail. Every country, every era.
(01-01-2022, 02:22 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]People are the same all eras.

Whether it is the PG or the zoomers, they are all the same.

And the same in all countries.

This is why there are police, law, and lawbreakers....and jail.  Every country, every era.

If import people with wrong mentality then of course fine is the only way to teach them. Look at Japan and Taiwan, people automatic.
(01-01-2022, 02:30 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]If import people with wrong mentality then of course fine is the only way to teach them. Look at Japan and Taiwan, people automatic.

We need to develop a new culture but it will take time.

It's like offering your seat to someone in need.

We have Sinkies who are "very tired" who would instantly fall asleep at the sight of an old man entering a mrt cabin.

We have Banglas who are truly tired after working 6 long days at a construction site, but they offered their seats to pregnant women and elderly people.

This morning, I was eating at the food centre adjoining the wet market.  many seats were sealed with tapes...meaning, "no sitting here".  This means there were less seats than before.  Someone placed his tissue on the table while buying food somewhere else.  I didn't care...I just used the table.  When I finished eating, he was walking back with his tray of food.....he chopped the seat for longer than what it would take for someone else to finish eating his.
Best to tell those that dirty the table to lick and suck up all the debris with their mouth also.
(01-01-2022, 02:38 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]We need to develop a new culture but it will take time.

It's like offering your seat to someone in need.

We have Sinkies who are "very tired" who would instantly fall asleep at the sight of an old man entering a mrt cabin.

We have Banglas who are truly tired after working 6 long days at a construction site, but they offered their seats to pregnant women and elderly people.

This morning, I was eating at the food centre adjoining the wet market.  many seats were sealed with tapes...meaning, "no sitting here".  This means there were less seats than before.  Someone placed his tissue on the table while buying food somewhere else.  I didn't care...I just used the table.  When I finished eating, he was walking back with his tray of food.....he chopped the seat for longer than what it would take for someone else to finish eating his.

A new culture can only develop when there are significantly more locals than foreigners.
(01-01-2022, 02:42 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]A new culture can only develop when there are significantly more locals than foreigners.

Then, those who talk so much need to start making babies.
(01-01-2022, 02:43 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Then, those who talk so much need to start making babies.

The costs of raising kids before they go to primary school are very expensive. Reduce these costs and I'm sure more locals will be more willing to have babies. A lot of child care and pre schools are profiteering from families with young kids. Also necessities like milk powder, etc. All these are issues. Govt allow all these costs to escalate. A lot will think twice about having kids. Families with young kids are vulnerable.
(01-01-2022, 02:49 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]The costs of raising kids before they go to primary school are very expensive. Reduce these costs and I'm sure more locals will be more willing to have babies. A lot of child care and pre schools are profiteering from families with young kids. Also necessities like milk powder, etc. All these are issues. Govt allow all these costs to escalate. A lot will think twice about having kids. Families with young kids are vulnerable.

The cost of raising a kid is not high.  The cost of spoiling them is.

In the past, only the men went out to work.  Today, it's a double income household with a median household income of $9500 per month.

So yes, prices of goods went up over the years, but your salary....or the zoomers' salary are also not $200 a month like in the 1970s hor.  

And if two boomers, husband and wife, earned $400 last time, today it is $9500 (see above in case of doubt)

Please note this down......prices of goods will continue to go up if wages will continue to rise.

But in real terms, we are better off.

Please don't do a RK on me.
(01-01-2022, 03:01 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]The cost of raising a kid is not high.  The cost of spoiling them is.

In the past, only the men went out to work.  Today, it's a double income household with a median household income of $9500 per month.

So yes, prices of goods went up over the years, but your salary....or the zoomers' salary are also not $200 a month like in the 1970s hor.  

And if two boomers, husband and wife, earned $400 last time, today it is $9500 (see above in case of doubt)

Please note this down......prices of goods will continue to go up if wages will continue to rise.

During my time about 8 years ago, when my kid is still in child care. I paid about $100+ per month after Working mother subsidy. He attended pcf sparkletot. Fast forward to now u guess how much per month after subsidy for pcf sparkletot? It's $300+ per month after working mother subsidy. My brother's kids are attending. U tell me is the cost under control? I'm not doing RK on u but rather, u r daydreaming in your ivory tower. Totally lost touch with what's happening on the ground. Whatever I shared here are the truth and nothing but the truth. Come down from your ivory tower.  Angry
(01-01-2022, 02:30 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]If import people with wrong mentality then of course fine is the only way to teach them. Look at Japan and Taiwan, people automatic.

Its because Jipponese and Taiwartness dun open legs big big to poor uncivilised foreign traxhes and the locals dun worship white hilly billy traxhes
(01-01-2022, 03:38 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]During my time about 8 years ago, when my kid is still in child care. I paid about $100+ per month after Working mother subsidy. He attended pcf sparkletot. Fast forward to now u guess how much per month after subsidy for pcf sparkletot? It's $300+ per month after working mother subsidy. My brother's kids are attending. U tell me is the cost under control? I'm not doing RK on u but rather, u r daydreaming in your ivory tower. Totally lost touch with what's happening on the ground. Whatever I shared here are the truth and nothing but the truth. Come down from your ivory tower.  Angry

You mean after 8 years, childcare teachers' salaries should remain stagnant so that fees would not go up?

Who is dreaming now?
(01-01-2022, 04:24 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]You mean after 8 years, childcare teachers' salaries should remain stagnant so that fees would not go up?

Who is dreaming now?

How much have their salaries increased these 8 years? Enough to justify 3 times increase in the fees? Are they paid more than a primary school teacher? Why is primary school fees so much cheaper? Are the 3 times increase in fees over 8 years due to the increase of the teachers salaries only? How much % are the teacher's salaries in the overall operating cost of the child care centre?
(01-01-2022, 03:38 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]During my time about 8 years ago, when my kid is still in child care. I paid about $100+ per month after Working mother subsidy. He attended pcf sparkletot. Fast forward to now u guess how much per month after subsidy for pcf sparkletot? It's $300+ per month after working mother subsidy. My brother's kids are attending. U tell me is the cost under control? I'm not doing RK on u but rather, u r daydreaming in your ivory tower. Totally lost touch with what's happening on the ground. Whatever I shared here are the truth and nothing but the truth. Come down from your ivory tower.  Angry

Wow, childcare $100+ 8 yrs ago? Which country? I was paying $1,400pm or more since 20yrs ago!
(01-01-2022, 05:01 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]How much have their salaries increased these 8 years? Enough to justify 3 times increase in the fees? Are they paid more than a primary school teacher? Why is primary school fees so much cheaper? Are the 3 times increase in fees over 8 years due to the increase of the teachers salaries only? How much % are the teacher's salaries in the overall operating cost of the child care centre?

Do you know the meaning of childcare?

Childcare is not primary school....merely teaching English, Chinese or mathematics.

Comparing childcare with a primary school is like comparing buying a potong ice cream from a mamak shop with eating in Swenson's.  Both offer ice creams right?
(01-01-2022, 03:01 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]The cost of raising a kid is not high.  The cost of spoiling them is.

The double income household currently does not have a median household income of $9,500 per month.  What you assume is that the parents are professional with a basuc degree, but in general not all household are people with a basic degree.. crying Laughing
(01-01-2022, 05:23 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know the meaning of childcare?

Childcare is not primary school....merely teaching English, Chinese or mathematics.

Comparing childcare with a primary school is like comparing buying a potong ice cream from a mamak shop with eating in Swenson's.  Both offer ice creams right?

If u want ice-cream go find foreveralone lah.
(01-01-2022, 01:25 PM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]The white pirates bery yeow kui now …… unless you wanna donate $300 to them

Food court, coffee shop diners who do not clear tables will face fines from Jan 1 …. HUAT HAR  nudie

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ea-2144741

Is this photo taken at people's puck.?
(01-01-2022, 11:12 PM)Blin Wrote: [ -> ]Is this photo taken at people's puck.?

dun know if people piak…. I not from Shite Times, Shite Piak Holdings leh …..
(01-01-2022, 06:05 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]The double income household currently does not have a median household income of $9,500 per month.  What you assume is that the parents are professional with a basuc degree, but in general not all household are people with a basic degree.. crying Laughing

Do you know what is the meaning of the statistical median?

Degree or not, the median is the median.
(01-01-2022, 11:12 PM)Blin Wrote: [ -> ]Is this photo taken at people's puck.?

Looks like the food court at the basement.  All around are those travel companies.
When you go to the library, do you need someone to tell you to switch off your hp when you are in the library.

Same logic also can apply in the hawker centre.
What actually go wrong, need to fine $300 for not being considerate.  Rotfl
We still have a long way to go.

The problem is lack of moral education.