SG Talk

Full Version: Nurturing a Thriving, Innovative and Sustainable Hawker Industry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Was reading the article and almost fall off my chair when I read this..

"9 As Mr Perera is well aware, food courts and coffee shops are operated commercially by private operators. Stallholders and the F&B operators enter willingly into commercial arrangements, after assessing the business potential."

When stallholders and F&B operators enter willingly into commercial arrangements, they didn't expected that they will have to unwillingly accepted the fact that no dine in is allowed by law.. So whoever said this is rubbing salt in wound..

Based on what I read in the article, seem like stallholders and F&B operator will not get relief from govt.

https://www.mse.gov.sg/resource-room/cat...-industry/
Seetoh can easily replace Amy Khor. She is running dry of ideas.

Over -supply of F&B in SG when CECA do not generate thriving business and locals are poor enough to support hawkers. Why depend on the small 1.8 million local workforce ( exclude FTs & their dependents) to sustain such a lousy idea?

4,708 Cooked Food Hawker Stalls under NEA
+ 2,000 coffee shop stalls (est)
+ 2,300 Food Court stalls
+ 135 McDonalds outlets
+ 900 BreadTalk outlets
+ . . . .

That is Grace Foo said that NEA can only support and help those hawkers under NEA. All the remaining 70%, can close shop.