SG Talk

Full Version: "We have been preparing for this since SARS" said PM Lee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
"Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said on Thursday (Jan 23) that Singapore is "much better prepared" to deal with another virus outbreak since the Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) epidemic in 2003.

“We have been preparing for this since SARS,” said Mr Lee, who was speaking at the sidelines of the World Economic Forum annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland."
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...witzerland.
Exactly 2 years had gone by

You be the judge
(07-01-2022, 09:24 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly 2 years had gone by

You be the judge

I think PM Lee did not expect the Covid-19 virus to plague us for so long, cos for the SARS it only lasted 5 months.....
(07-01-2022, 09:30 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]I think PM Lee did not expect the Covid-19 virus to plague us for so long, cos for the SARS it only lasted 5 months.....

A throw of the dice
(07-01-2022, 09:37 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]A throw of the dice

As in a snake and ladder game..?
Liar, liar pants on fire.
It's true we have learned n rear snakes n construct ladders
but still, looking at past 2 years, i think it fail badly.
[Image: IMG-20220107-224617-997.jpg]
Two words: Hindsight Retards
(08-01-2022, 02:58 AM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]Two words: Hindsight Retards

Obviously, they don't know what the hell they were doing.
(07-01-2022, 09:29 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]https://youtu.be/TyHC381YrDk

Disgraceful

A bunch of failures
(07-01-2022, 10:52 PM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]but still, looking at past 2 years, i think it fail badly.

Singapore leaders are still preparing for future waves to come 

Hahaha
It is settle ? Ppl is suffering for $$$ and social norm now.. it is become like depress also.
(07-01-2022, 10:54 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ][Image: IMG-20220107-224617-997.jpg]
Pity taxpayer...
(08-01-2022, 08:27 AM)FangFang Wrote: [ -> ]It is settle ? Ppl is suffering for $$$ and social norm now.. it is become like depress also.

https://youtu.be/TyHC381YrDk
(07-01-2022, 10:54 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ][Image: IMG-20220107-224617-997.jpg]

Squeeze more from people on the ground so that “targets” can be exceeded. Give you 1 chicken backside, take back whole chicken..

Huh
(07-01-2022, 09:30 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]I think PM Lee did not expect the Covid-19 virus to plague us for so long, cos for the SARS it only lasted 5 months.....

COMPLACENCY
We have been preparing not to do anything about Covid19

We let Omicron free
Their words cannot be trusted
(20-01-2022, 08:23 AM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Their words cannot be trusted

You still trust them?  Thinking
I trust EU expert more than Sg Expert.
They don’t give 1 sided comment.
(20-01-2022, 08:27 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]You still trust them?  Thinking
I trust EU expert more than Sg Expert.

No I don't.
very good that our government has learn and prepared since sars.
some of things that i think learn from current virus infections are
1. we need a scalable medical force. it takes time to trained the people to be ready. dr, nurse, supporting staff etc. it will not be economically viable to keep people at a full time under normal circumstances. if we have a reserve medical force and be called upon during time of need, it may be better. for a start do not load full time staff to 100%. load to 70-80% capacity, so that there is a float for reactions. sign up volunteers to be trained. give back up forces a token fee. like be at hospital service a few days in a year to remain in touch with process and equipment with compensations.

2. it is better to accumulate wealth in nation then at individual/business. wealth accumulated at national level can be utilized much faster and effectively. maybe a special fund for emergency to be managed by gic or tm so that in time of need, money can be used quickly with lesser approval. we can build this over time.

3. people of our country must be trained or be aware of basic health process. how to clean. how to avoid passing infection like flu to others. it will helps when all understand what to do. it is not about people infecting me, it is about how to avoid I infecting others

God blessed all..
Prepare lansai, already more than 2 years.

Prepare to step down also need to take years and years, more than 5 years???
Mothers died, fathers also died : PM Lee, Sir, what you want us to do next?

https://youtu.be/yRl6MnmZ6Ks
(20-01-2022, 08:23 AM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Their words cannot be trusted
I don't understand why there are still so many people who are dumb and naive in trusting them.
(20-01-2022, 10:53 AM)Gemstar Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why there are still so many people who are dumb and naive in trusting them.

Becos they are dafts. crying
Kena brainwashed by them.
Pages: 1 2