SG Talk

Full Version: Activist Jolovan Wham convicted over unlawful assembly outside
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Activist Jolovan Wham convicted over unlawful assembly outside former State Courts building

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...s-building
难兄难弟 Big Grin
What? An assembly needs more the 1 person lah.

How can one person be called an “assembly”.

Wrong charge lah.

When PnP mp took out a written piece of paper in support of a shop more than a year ago, he was not charged in court, what. Why this Wham guy???

I dont understand.
The word :"assembly" is badly abused in rule by law in Singapore.

If one person is an assembly....we should all be arrested when we step out for assembling illegal

I am with Mr. Wham on this one

A stupid law should be changed not kept
A govt makes itself look stupid by enforcing a stupid law.loses credibility.
Die die must do something to grab attention.
(08-01-2022, 09:42 AM)Migrant Wrote: [ -> ]Die die must do something to grab attention.

The correct thing to do in Singapore is to obediently keep quiet and let things continue?
(08-01-2022, 09:37 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]The word :"assembly" is badly abused in rule by law in Singapore.

If one person is an assembly....we should all be arrested when we step out for assembling illegal

I am with Mr. Wham on this one

A stupid law should be changed not kept
A govt makes itself look stupid by enforcing a stupid law.loses credibility.

I agree with sgbuffett, one man cannot be an assembly, it is a wrong charge....and can be challenged.....
(08-01-2022, 09:44 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]The correct thing to do in Singapore is to obediently keep quiet and let things continue?
Speak up at the right time and space. 
There are many avenues if he really has an agenda. 
Not at a prohibited area, the states court.
(08-01-2022, 09:44 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]The correct thing to do in Singapore is to obediently keep quiet and let things continue?

That is what authoritarian G do
Wake me up.... Before you go-go