SG Talk

Full Version: The number of Singaporeans renewing their passports or applying for new ones continu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The number of Singaporeans renewing their passports or applying for new ones continued to slide amid the Covid-19 pandemic, with passports issued in 2021 plunging to a 15-year low. https://str.sg/wMin
Now with travel being restricted or curtailed, people will not want to apply for new passport if they can’t travel. Anyway the validity is now 10 years.
I never renew, actually I feel travelling is " nothing news " same place, same things, same foods.

This is why the next big time is travel to Space but I doubt within our life time will be so call " cheaper , a reasonable price to travel to space "
(08-01-2022, 07:41 PM)surfer Wrote: [ -> ]Now with travel being restricted or curtailed, people will not want to apply for new passport if they can’t travel. Anyway the validity is now 10 years.

Since there are travel restrictions to Malaysia and other parts of the world, it makes no sense to make new passports and renewal of passports. All plans to travel about are put on hold...
Better to have passport ready. When covid passes, there will be many people applying...long processing time. Run road also faster. Big Grin
(08-01-2022, 07:49 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Since there are travel restrictions to Malaysia and other parts of the world, it makes no sense to make new passports and renewal of passports. All plans to travel about are put on hold...

I've renewed mine.