SG Talk

Full Version: Propnex ...update on my stock pick...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 42eYIJb.jpg]

This was a stock I bought when stock was 69cts and posted at the old forum.

At that time I bought the company had positive cash flow and cash of 20cts. It also had a business model I like - they will able to scale down when pandemic struck and remain profitable.  The cost of business is very low.

Stock is now $2+ it is chased after trend followers like its beauty queen because they see the trend..

If you go back to basics, from the time the company was started to a few yrs of its listing it accumulated cash of 20cts per share. Propnex is the proper  business which is subject to ups and downs and limits of market size. So it is really overvalued.

So now I have to handle it as an overvalued stock with a rising stock price detached from underlying fundamentals.

Experience tells me to look for a good exit. The stock near term is driven by trend chasers and positive news flow as property market warms up. So this compels to take the best advantage of the situation.

Also,  there has been a not so obvious rally of hidden value stocks...its more difficult to find good long stocks as everything got much more expensive.  I'd regular scans to short list stocks and fewer "cheap and good" stocks show up.

REITs which nobody wanted when cheap have also gone up..

I find I had to cast my net wider to HK and Malaysia. But it takes more effort as I am not familiar with these markets and will not invest significantly until I fully understand.
The rest should be IFast Ums and ISDN is that right?
(18-07-2021, 08:29 AM)Cmpunk Wrote: [ -> ]The rest should be IFast Ums and ISDN is that right?

All these semi con sticks are cyclical. 

You need to have some expertise to handle them.

You cannot just leave then in portforlio like that and forget them.

If you want to You can buy the semiconductor ETF instead if you see semiconductor as long term.

iFast is amin a different basket. It is a disruption play. Still has to be handled but I am not selling soon as the growth space is massive and the company is able to play in many countries....so really big space...
ah butt made so much money it's time to spend some to renovate your house like 5354, and maybe get a helper to help your mother?
Why sgbuf can just trade whole day without needing to work? Where he get all his capital from?
(18-07-2021, 05:38 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Why sgbuf can just trade whole day without needing to work? Where he get all his capital from?

I think I answered that many times.
Initially I started with $30K to trade
mostly borrowed from my mom.

Later I started my own business which I ran for almost 3 yrs
until I stopped in early 2020 when pandemic arrived 
My business was profitable and switch from short term trading to long term investments when I started my business.

L
In that case now you have no more income since business stop. How to survive?
ah butt made a lot of money but din spend much to improve his house. his tap and cooker are so worn out and old, are becoming collectable antiques soon