SG Talk

Full Version: New stress these days....$ scam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the fervent push for digitalisation, we are now bombarded daily with fear that we will be scammed and cheated of our cash, be it via banking,online purchases and what have you. 

Another stress has been added on us, apart from the Covid stress. 

Are we really ready for this aggressive push  for digitalisation to become a smart nation?

Maybe we should take a breather until the authorities are truly ready to ensure complete safety with digitalisation. 

Not to do so may engender a highly stressed society filled with mental illness. 

Many non savvy people are very fearful of IT. It is a truism.  An educated but not IT savvy senior lady said this to me.
(16-01-2022, 01:34 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]With the fervent push for digitalisation, we are now bombarded daily with fear that we will be scammed and cheated of our cash, be it via banking,online purchases and what have you. 

Another stress has been added on us, apart from the Covid stress. 

Are we really ready for this aggressive push  for digitalisation to become a smart nation?

Maybe we should take a breather until the authorities are truly ready to ensure complete safety with digitalisation. 

Not to do so may engender a highly stressed society filled with mental illness. 

Many non savvy people are very fearful of IT. It is a truism.  An educated but not IT savvy senior lady said this to me.

I studied Info com last time , even I myself don't hype on what this and that IT features . Till Now I don't even have any Grab app in my phone never order foods online.

Of course buying stuffs online yes.
One thing I noticed come Banks and Paypal,

Paypal you can unsubscribe any payment services monthly if you feel don't want to continue
whereas Banks cannot , you can't find any option to cancel. So how to cancel? You have to go to the service provider support to cancel .
(16-01-2022, 02:48 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]I studied Info com last time , even I myself don't hype on what this and that IT features . Till Now I don't even have any Grab app in my phone never order foods online.

Of course buying stuffs online yes.
One thing I noticed come Banks and Paypal, 

Paypal you can unsubscribe any payment services monthly if you feel don't want to continue
whereas Banks cannot , you can't find any option to cancel. So how to cancel? You have to go to the service provider support to cancel .

I don't quite get your last part..

You mean if you subscribe to an online mag (for example) and make monthly payment via paypal, you can unsubscribe the online mag by unsubscribe payment services to the online mag with paypal?? Paypal only handle your payment, do they even go to the extent of managing your subscription for you as a VAS??

I am not a paypal person that why I am asking.