SG Talk

Full Version: Netizen posted : OCBC frequently sent links to customers to click
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 15BLrzQ.jpg]
I take it these are all scam  messages since OCBC says it never sends customers links.
(16-01-2022, 04:54 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I take it these are all scam  messages since OCBC says it never sends customers links.

If OCBC did not send it's customers links, then it safe to have accounts with them..
Recently, there are also fake CPF SMSses that look like such messages.

Suspect, they have the telephone list. Someone has a strong feeling about this.
(16-01-2022, 05:07 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]Recently, there are also fake CPF sms like such messages.

So we must also don't open CPF sms messages..?
(16-01-2022, 05:03 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]If OCBC did not send it's customers links, then it safe to have accounts with them..

TS just said they did, you still believe OCBC?

I received sms with links from them last year. I checked the link, it is legit. Later in the year, after some reported scams, they stopped.

Don't risk your money with them, not worth it..
(16-01-2022, 05:08 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]So we must also don't open CPF sms messages..?

With links that tell you to top-up your account.
(16-01-2022, 05:09 PM)RichDad Wrote: [ -> ]TS just said they did, you still believe OCBC?

I received sms with links from them last year. I checked the link, it is legit.  Later in the year, after some reported scams, they stopped.

Don't risk your money with them, not worth it..
OK I will not risk my money with OCBC.......
Genting RWG is another huge culprit Big Grin
(16-01-2022, 04:53 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 15BLrzQ.jpg]

Just guessing. From here, maybe we can deduce to 3rd party. The list ...
For own sake delete or ignore all these promotional messages... call the entities directly if need to find out more... the weakest link in scams is customer themselves...
(16-01-2022, 04:53 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 15BLrzQ.jpg]
Once you click and respond, scammers got your phone number liao. Next they phish for User ID and Password. Once all 3 items secured, you just handed our your account on a plate to the thieves...... Rolleyes

Lesson learnt is never click on links sent by banks by SMS. Links on emails ok, but best don't also as email dun compromise your phone numbers.... Rolleyes
(16-01-2022, 05:54 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Once you click and respond, scammers got your phone number liao. Next they phish for User ID and Password. Once all 3 items secured, you just handed our your account on a plate to the thieves...... Rolleyes

Lesson learnt is never click on links sent by banks by SMS. Links on emails ok, but best don't also as email dun compromise your phone numbers.... Rolleyes
These are good advice, and should be heeded to.....
(16-01-2022, 05:07 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]Recently, there are also fake CPF SMSses that look like such messages.

Suspect, they have the telephone list. Someone has a strong feeling about this.
CPF has gone paperless. Last month they sent emails with links to check your CPF statement by emails. Emails should be ok as phone number not exposed..... Big Grin
(16-01-2022, 06:04 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]CPF has gone paperless. Last month they sent emails with links to check your CPF statement by emails. Emails should be ok as phone number not exposed..... Big Grin

The SMS message was sent to me by someone. I read the message on Top-up. It could not possibly be from CPF, based on the words. That phone number is seldom used.
(16-01-2022, 06:06 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]The message was sent to me by someone. I read the message, it could not possibly be from CPF, based on the words. That phone number is seldom used.

That could be a scam. Any SMS asking to click a link I treated it as scam.......... Big Grin
(16-01-2022, 06:08 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]That could be a scam. Any SMS asking to click a link I treated it as scam.......... Big Grin
Your action is right, just ignore and SMS with a link then you will not be scammed....
Simple.. sms 72377 to unsubscribe from all these ads sms/emails.