SG Talk

Full Version: Battery swapping to spread from Taiwan across Asia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
19 Jan 2022 02:06PM
(Updated: 19 Jan 2022 02:06PM)

TAIPEI: Every day, Aiden Lee joins the hundreds of thousands of people getting around Taipei on two wheels.

But when most of his fellow riders head to a petrol pump to refuel, he takes his e-motorbike to one of Taiwan's increasingly commonplace battery-swapping stations - tech its creators say could supercharge the shift from fossil fuels.

"Honestly, if it weren't for battery swapping - which by the way is even faster than filling up at a petrol station - I wouldn't use an electric bike," the marketing executive said.

"I don't think I have the time to wait for the battery to charge."

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/business...ia-2444666
Costs 10% more than buying petrol ? Either TW petrol very cheap. Else they are infatuated with environmentalism
I checked the website. Each battery charge lasts 150-170km, which is decent considering there are places to swap batteries. Good idea. The company is certainly more viable than Grab.
(20-01-2022, 10:28 AM)lylcnn Wrote: [ -> ]Costs 10% more than buying petrol ? Either TW petrol very cheap. Else they are infatuated with environmentalism

Taiwan electricity and oil is subsidized by Govt.
(20-01-2022, 10:36 AM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]I checked the website. Each battery charge lasts 150-170km, which is decent considering there are places to swap batteries. Good idea. The company is certainly more viable than Grab.

A typical full tank 125cc bike can move how many km?
(20-01-2022, 10:38 AM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]A typical full tank 125cc bike can move how many km?

Recall 1km can travel abt 25-30km...about 10+ litre in small bike. So full tank about 300km?

Just surprised TW consumers okay to pay higher than petrol. Sales pitch article, or maybe badly written article?