SG Talk

Full Version: Eldershield versus Careshield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think most of us folks are on Eldershield 400?  Will you consider switching to Careshield?  Thinking
(24-01-2022, 05:54 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]I think most of us folks are on Eldershield 400?  Will you consider switching to Careshield?  Thinking

I only know if medishield. What is this eldershell 400?..... Thinking
(24-01-2022, 05:54 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]I think most of us folks are on Eldershield 400?  Will you consider switching to Careshield?  Thinking

Now eldershield 600 auto upgrade for eldershield400
(24-01-2022, 05:56 PM)Bigiron Wrote: [ -> ]Now eldershield 600 auto upgrade for eldershield400

But there is another one.  Compulsory for those once they hit 30 years and are sg citizens (not sure about pr).  Older folks (not sure the cut off age) are optional I think.
(24-01-2022, 05:56 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]I only know if medishield. What is this eldershell 400?..... Thinking

I think it is the disability thingie.  Cannot do 3 out of 6 ADL Thinking
Avoid like the Omicron. It is a scam
(24-01-2022, 06:01 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ] I think it is the disability thingie.  Cannot do 3 out of 6 ADL Thinking

I guess it is not a compulsory thing. That's why I dun bother to know. As far as PAP arrange stuff, I try my best to avoid unless cannot escape due to compulsory...... Big Grin
(24-01-2022, 06:06 PM)RichDad Wrote: [ -> ]Avoid like the Omicron. It is a scam

Rotfl
(24-01-2022, 06:07 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]I guess it is not a compulsory thing. That's why I dun bother to know. As far as PAP arrange stuff, I try my best to avoid unless cannot escape due to compulsory...... Big Grin

It's like if kena claim, Eldershield 400 will pay $400 for 72 months then afterthat nothing.  Careshield will pay you $600 a month (plus increment 2% yearly until the year claimed) but it is for life.  Some folks will wonder if cannot do 3 out of 6 ADL already half dead how to live 6 years.  But if they do the $400 will run out.  But Careshield will pay till he goes heaven.  Of course the premiums will be different lah.  Something like that.
If got stroke, dementia, diabetes or other long term chronic conditions, the money will come in handy to offset like say employing a maid etc. Of course having pte insurance is even better, but not everybody can consider this option.

I have already ditched it long time ago. Rotfl
(24-01-2022, 06:12 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]It's like if kena claim, Eldershield 400 will pay $400 for 72 months then afterthat nothing.  Careshield will pay you $600 a month (plus increment 2% yearly until the year claimed) but it is for life.  Some folks will wonder if cannot do 3 out of 6 ADL already half dead how to live 6 years.  But if they do the $400 will run out.  But Careshield will pay till he goes heaven.  Of course the premiums will be different lah.  Something like that.
So what kind of premium one has to pay for all these shields? The premium for medishield alone plus integrated plan already robbed me of a couple of thousand dollars yearly and it keep increasing every 2 years as one age. 
I think the premiums alone will stress the healthy insured person and cause disabilities if he has to pay for the premiums of all the shields invented by PAP.. I think the govt shud provide budget for such insurance for free to the elderlies...... Big Grin
(24-01-2022, 06:12 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]It's like if kena claim, Eldershield 400 will pay $400 for 72 months then afterthat nothing.  Careshield will pay you $600 a month (plus increment 2% yearly until the year claimed) but it is for life.  Some folks will wonder if cannot do 3 out of 6 ADL already half dead how to live 6 years.  But if they do the $400 will run out.  But Careshield will pay till he goes heaven.  Of course the premiums will be different lah.  Something like that.

You forget CPF rules can Suka Suka change.
When they want to attract you to buy they will emphasize how good the scheme is?

It is very difficult to claim one hor. Rotfl
(24-01-2022, 06:15 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]If got stroke, dementia, diabetes or other long term chronic conditions, the money will come in handy to offset like say employing a maid etc.  Of course having pte insurance is even better, but not everybody can consider this option.

Death is cheaper here
(24-01-2022, 06:27 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]So what kind of premium one has to pay for all these shields? The premium for medishield alone plus integrated plan already robbed me of a couple of thousand dollars yearly and it keep increasing every 2 years as one age. 
I think the premiums alone will stress the healthy insured person and cause disabilities if he has to pay for the premiums of all the shields invented by PAP.. I think the govt shud provide budget for such insurance for free to the elderlies...... Big Grin

There are currently discounts, they call it incentive discounts of $200 per policy year at least for the next 4 years.  Don't think it is that heavy because this is a national effort.  All the younger folks from age 30 are co-opted inside here from Dec 2021 onwards I think.  Cannot siam unlike our time for Eldershield.  The difference is Careshield is compulsory.  Our Eldershield is not.
(24-01-2022, 06:27 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]So what kind of premium one has to pay for all these shields? The premium for medishield alone plus integrated plan already robbed me of a couple of thousand dollars yearly and it keep increasing every 2 years as one age. 

I am also on those integrated shield plans.  Until recently can get reimbursed "as charged".  Now need to co-pay 5% SadSad
(24-01-2022, 06:31 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]You forget CPF rules can Suka Suka change.
When they want to attract you to buy they will emphasize how good the scheme is?

It is very difficult to claim one hor. Rotfl

3 out of 6 ADLs  Laughing
(24-01-2022, 06:35 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]3 out of 6 ADLs  Laughing

It is equivalent to bedridden? Rotfl
(24-01-2022, 06:36 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]It is equivalent to bedridden? Rotfl

I think really half dead leow but still cannot die.  The financial burden is on our loved ones  Thinking
(24-01-2022, 06:31 PM)RichDad Wrote: [ -> ]Death is cheaper here

Agreed.... but if cannot die how?  Better don't give the NOK any ideas  Laughing
(24-01-2022, 06:32 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]There are currently discounts, they call it incentive discounts of $200 per policy year at least for the next 4 years.  Don't think it is that heavy because this is a national effort.  All the younger folks from age 30 are co-opted inside here from Dec 2021 onwards I think.  Cannot siam unlike our time for Eldershield.  The difference is Careshield is compulsory.  Our Eldershield is not.

Wah, so every person must pay a premium for old age disabilities from the age of 30.  It is very unlikely for old age disabilities to happen before age 70. So the current generation must pay a premium for at least 40  years waiting for a disability. 

Dun look like a good bargain to me if I am the young guy. Better vote them out and stop this policy..... Big Grin
(24-01-2022, 06:39 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]I think really half dead leow but still cannot die.  The financial burden is on our loved ones  Thinking

Better buy more medical insurance is the safest way to protect yourself from burdening the family.
(24-01-2022, 06:34 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]I am also on those integrated shield plans.  Until recently can get reimbursed "as charged".  Now need to co-pay 5% SadSad
How come you get reimburse and I kena pay full?.. Thinking
(24-01-2022, 06:43 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]How come you get reimburse and I kena pay full?.. Thinking

Depends on size of batang  Rotfl

paiseh, actually what I meant was that my policies will pay all charges (as charged).
(24-01-2022, 06:15 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]If got stroke, dementia, diabetes or other long term chronic conditions, the money will come in handy to offset like say employing a maid etc.  Of course having pte insurance is even better, but not everybody can consider this option.

U wait loong loong to claim lah. Maybe u died liao still waiting. Laughing

For me I immediately cancel after 1 big news few yrs ago.
(24-01-2022, 06:55 PM)Notdumb Wrote: [ -> ]U wait loong loong to claim lah. Maybe u died liao still waiting. Laughing

For me I immediately cancel after 1 big news few yrs ago.

What was the big news?  Anyway, if you hadn't recovered from your HA and were half dead, the money would come in handy  Laughing
(24-01-2022, 06:52 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on size of batang  Rotfl

paiseh, actually what I meant was that my policies will pay all charges (as charged).
Oh, you mean reimburse the hospital bill ah? Knnah, I thought you get reimbursement for the premium paid to the underwriters....... Laughing
(24-01-2022, 06:58 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, you mean reimburse the hospital bill ah? Knnah, I thought you get reimbursement for the premium paid to the underwriters....... Laughing

Wah... that kind of policy I also want  Rotfl
Anyway I am not an insurance salesman hor. The premiums also to be paid by your medisave account, just in case. Better than being murdered by your care giver if not enough money hyuk hyuk Laughing
(24-01-2022, 06:57 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]What was the big news?  Anyway, if you hadn't recovered from your HA and were half dead, the money would come in handy  Laughing

I posted recently u didn't read? The news was this guy 99% almost dead on the bed and still can't claim....all becos he blink!!!
Pages: 1 2