SG Talk

Full Version: ATM card without debit function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have finally managed to cancel the debit card function on my ATM card.
(25-01-2022, 02:58 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]I have finally managed to cancel the debit card function on my ATM card.

Debit card function is NETS ah? My ATM got NETS only..... Thinking
(25-01-2022, 03:02 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Debit card function is NETS ah? My ATM got NETS only..... Thinking

No. It has a visa function and debit money from the account. I was told by the bank previously this is the only type of atm card they have, that is why I take it.

Today I try to cancel the debit card and ask for a normal atm card and was told the same thing. But I insist to cancel it. Then the counter guy finally took out a single function ATM card from.his drawer to process for me. Before that, I told him that DBS still has the plain ATM card and he has no choice. And after I reached home I recall if I remember correctly, the own bank hotline staff ever told me they still have the plain ATM card, when I told her that I think that debit cum ATM card is dangerous if one lose it because it can be used for $200 transaction without keying pins.
(25-01-2022, 03:14 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]No. It has a visa function and debit money from the account. I was told by the bank previously this is the only type of atm card they have, that is why I take it.

Today I try to cancel the debit card and ask for a normal atm card and was told the same thing. But I insist to cancel it. Then the counter guy finally took out a single function ATM card from.his drawer to process for me. Before that, I told him that DBS still has the plain ATM card and he has no choice. And after I reached home I recall if I remember correctly, the own bank hotline staff ever told me they still have the plain ATM card, when I told her that I think that debit cum ATM card is dangerous if one lose it because it can be used for $200 transaction without keying pins.

Good info. Lucky mine got NETS only...... Smile
(25-01-2022, 03:17 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Good info. Lucky mine got NETS only...... Smile

I think if someone lose the card and have to report to police it cause  a lot of unnecessary stress because the debit visa card info can be abused and the ATM card can be use without pin numbers for $200.