SG Talk

Full Version: Authentic Fish n Chips Wrapped in Newspaper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 76317-D22-72-F7-42-DC-89-A9-C3-F77-FCC01-AA.jpg]

[Image: TO-GO-WITH-AFP-STORY-BY-OUERDYA-AIT-ABDE...sh-and.jpg]
Where
Our kopitiam or HC all using cheap lousy fish.
The food looks nice but spoil by the newspaper wrappings.... Rolleyes
(26-01-2022, 06:33 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]The food looks nice but spoil by the newspaper wrappings.... Rolleyes

That’s how people eat in Britain.
(26-01-2022, 06:44 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]That’s how people eat in Britain.

Eating fish and chips from newspaper wrapping is not hygienic cos in the newspaper the ink is toxic.......

I know but dun think it will goes well with people here. The newspaper wrappings spoil my appetite already. Last time kampong days newspaper wrappings was ok because of ignorance..... Rolleyes
(26-01-2022, 06:07 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 76317-D22-72-F7-42-DC-89-A9-C3-F77-FCC01-AA.jpg]

[Image: TO-GO-WITH-AFP-STORY-BY-OUERDYA-AIT-ABDE...sh-and.jpg]

This is Pauline Hanson?
To eat this like UK angmor or Aussie must eat with white vinegar. Or chilli sauce with vinegar.
(26-01-2022, 07:56 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]To eat this like UK angmor or Aussie must eat with white vinegar. Or chilli sauce with vinegar.

Should be eaten with chili sauce with vinegar.......
When me in UK me ordered ... portion bery big... me jiak liao feel like puke Big Grin

They okay with the ink from newspaper going into the food? 

I don't think Singaporeans can accept... You hold news paper in Singapore fingers got black stain imagine eating food wrap in this.
(26-01-2022, 07:59 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Should be eaten with chili sauce with vinegar.......

Vinegar and tartare sauce even better.
(26-01-2022, 08:03 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]They okay with the ink from newspaper going into the food? 

I don't think Singaporeans can accept... You hold news paper in Singapore fingers got black stain imagine eating food wrap in this.
Glad to know we are on the same page......
(26-01-2022, 08:03 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]They okay with the ink from newspaper going into the food? 

However unlike in Spore the newspaper in other countries the ink won’t come off like our newspaper, so should be OK…even if the black ink will come out, they will still eat w/o concerns.
(26-01-2022, 07:54 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]This is Pauline Hanson?

Pauline is not so young lah, must be her granddaughter. Laughing
(26-01-2022, 08:02 PM)Galilo_l Wrote: [ -> ]When me in UK me ordered ... portion bery big... me jiak liao feel like puke Big Grin
In Perth, Australia the servings of French fries is a huge portion......eat cannot finish, must keep for dinner.......
(26-01-2022, 07:54 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]This is Pauline Hanson?

Come to think of it, there is a striking resemblance .......
(26-01-2022, 09:21 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Pauline is not so young lah, must be her granddaughter. Laughing

Australia and NZ many politics are ex hawkers. NZ PM also hawker. So I am training to become a hawker.
(26-01-2022, 09:31 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]Australia and NZ many politics are ex hawkers. NZ PM also hawker. So I am training to become a hawker.

So you want to be a politician eventually, and start off as a hawker...... Laughing
they newspaper print higher quality not like our SPH using cheap machine....

If you Buy before Wallstreet Journal Newspaper or The FT (financial times) before the news paper will not stain your hand with ink...Very high quality eg like Laser printing vs InkJet print
(26-01-2022, 09:59 PM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]they newspaper print higher quality not like our SPH using cheap machine....

If you Buy before Wallstreet Journal Newspaper or The FT (financial times) before the news paper will not stain your hand with ink...Very high quality eg like Laser printing vs InkJet print
Noted......
Before Covid I brought my wife to London and we had the fish and chips on those newspaper but they were not those that were used. The paper were made of food grade.

And their fish and chips need to go with their vinegar and beer too, even when you have this for lunch.

We enjoyed Pret A Manger’s breakfast a lot, it’s like McDonald’s they have many outlets. And by far they have an outlet in Changi Airport T3 departure hall.

We both especially liked their Croissant and when you had it with butter, the texture and taste is very nice. So is their vegetables soup, these two are my wife’s favourite. We will buy extra croissants for her snacks…their croissant skin is very crisp and the smell of the bread is very fresh.
Fish and chips are very easy to make at home.
(26-01-2022, 10:34 PM)kangtangman Wrote: [ -> ]Before Covid I brought my wife to London and we had the fish and chips on those newspaper but they were not those that were used. The paper were made of food grade.

And their fish and chips need to go with their vinegar and beer too, even when you have this for lunch.

We enjoyed Pret A Manger’s breakfast a lot, it’s like McDonald’s they have many outlets. And by far they have an outlet in Changi Airport T3 departure hall.

We both especially liked their Croissant and when you had it with butter, the texture and taste is very nice. So is their vegetables soup, these two are my wife’s favourite. We will buy extra croissants for her snacks…their croissant skin is very crisp and the smell of the bread is very fresh.

Better than French croissant?
(26-01-2022, 10:36 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]Fish and chips are very easy to make at home.

Please do it and show us….thank you in advance! Laughter-68
(26-01-2022, 10:48 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Better than French croissant?

Which restaurant French croissant?
(26-01-2022, 11:33 PM)kangtangman Wrote: [ -> ]Which restaurant French croissant?

In general…are you still in Taipei?
(26-01-2022, 07:59 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Should be eaten with chili sauce with vinegar.......

What type of vinegar ? The artificial type or those fruit vinegar ?
Pages: 1 2