SG Talk

Full Version: The Covid-19-induced foreigners' exodus — will they return to Singapore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Big Read: The Covid-19-induced foreigners' exodus — will they return to Singapore and what if they don't?

Foreign workers at all skill levels have been leaving Singapore in large numbers since the start of the pandemic. While this spells trouble for firms typically reliant on foreign hires, it has meant more opportunities for Singaporean workers.

➡️ https://tdy.sg/3H9gzD5 

@todayonlinesg
Of course!

That is why PAP wanted unfettered Employment Pass that has no levy and no quota.

By 2025, maybe more FTs than 177k reported in Parliament last year.
Another fine example, when SG is in shit …. foreign traxhes and NOT CITIZENS traitors will jump ship first
(30-01-2022, 01:09 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Of course!

That is why PAP wanted unfettered Employment Pass that has no levy and no quota.

By 2025, maybe more FTs than 177k reported in Parliament last year.
If there were more FTs working in Singapore, then many Singaporeans will not have a job. The PMETs will be gravely affected.......
For every one that leaves, at least five want to come to take their place. If freedom or family is more important to work permit holders, it is better that they go, rather than stay here and be unhappy.
Honestly, this exodus is good news.
(30-01-2022, 03:09 PM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, this exodus is good news.

Quote: "No exodus then I worry".....
(30-01-2022, 01:28 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]If there were more FTs working in Singapore, then many Singaporeans will not have a job. The PMETs will be gravely affected.......

Then, Singaporeans should kick PAP out of Parliament
Got exodus of CECA or not? That should be good news for Sinkees if they left. I suspect the exodus were mainly other countries like Sri Lanka, Philippines, UK, Pakitan, etc. except CECA. 

If those left don't come back, I guess  they will quickly be replaced by CECA...... Big Grin
"好马不吃回头草"

Only shit horses will come back
We already have close to 400k FTs recorded as PRE- Covid period.

If we include their Dependents and those who are already PRs, we have likely 1 MIL FTs in our midst of 3.5 Mil Workforce.

[Image: MOM-Work-pass-quanity-Dec-2019.png]