SG Talk

Full Version: Just now I went to wet market
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
many stalls closed some going as usual , not like back in good old days they sell till next day CNY eve
(30-01-2022, 07:03 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]many stalls closed some going as usual , not like back in good old days they sell till next day CNY eve

Nowadays supermarket still open during CNY. People don't rush to stock up like last time already so wet market can close early.
(30-01-2022, 08:54 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Nowadays supermarket still open during CNY. People don't rush to stock up like last time already so wet market can close early.

Some NTUC supermarkets are open 24 hours every day, even during CNY....
(30-01-2022, 07:03 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]many stalls closed some going as usual , not like back in good old days they sell till next day CNY eve

It is been this way for a decade.

Especially people these days do not cook themselves.
(30-01-2022, 10:01 PM)watchfirst9 Wrote: [ -> ]It is been this way for a decade.

Especially people these days do not cook themselves.

Yea, lucky we managed to witness how vibrant come the night before CNY EVE , hawkers open 24hours till CNY eve afternoon, wet markets, etc etc

I still remember during secondary school days while living in Toa Payoh, my friends and I will go the wet market eve of the new year eve to hang around to absorb the atmosphere. Even the hawker stalls will open till 2-3am… it was wonderful. 

Now CNY to me is just another day ….. very superficial and boring
(30-01-2022, 10:05 PM)Tangsen Wrote: [ -> ]I still remember during secondary school days while living in Toa Payoh, my friends and I will go the wet market eve of the new year eve to hang around to absorb the atmosphere. Even the hawker stalls will open till 2-3am… it was wonderful. 

Now CNY to me is just another day ….. very superficial and boring

Yea, same my neighbour and me will go nearby wet market walk don't even buy anythings just to feel the mood nice.
Even now you go Chinatown can't get back the mood to be honest I mean no just now is before Covi19 same.

The last still have mood as usual is late 90s 2000 onwards the mood don't seem like the glory 80s