SG Talk

Full Version: WP crushed ..it will take another 15-20yrs for another strong opposition to emerge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I used to volunteer to help during their WP elections in the mid 2000s. Not that I am an ardent supporter but can see the enthusiasm in the youths helping with  the campaign. ..

But I come to realise such efforts will prove futile in the long run. That is because  whenever the opposition gather strengthen the established elites will just dismantle them. There will always be mistakes and missteps as no one is perfects and once the chance comes, decades of effort will go down the drain.

The PAP system is designed so that the incumbent dominant party has all the resources and power to scrutinise the other side to find something or exploit so missteps while it is notvpossible for the WP to do the same to the PAP..Sooner or later out of so many members someone is going to make a mistake and they will finish you off. 

The WP is already the most careful opposition ever ...they are walking on egg shells most of the time afraid of makiing mistakes and getting arrested. 

The system is designed to ensure that an opposition can never thrive in Singapore.

Pitram and Faisal are likely to face criminal charges and could end up in jail or fined and lose their MP seats. 

With the leadership crippled and the last 10yrs efforts destroyed, how many will stay on. Qualified people will be fearful of joining the ranks as you can get into trouble and jailed.

The regime is likely to use thus opportunity to strengthen its power. They have created new tools like POFMA and FICA  which they can use at their own discretion. SPH is now park under Khaw Boon Wan.
(12-02-2022, 07:22 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I used to volunteer to help during their WP elections in the mid 2000s. Not that I am an ardent supporter but can see the enthusiasm in the youths helping with  the campaign. ..

But I come to realise such efforts will prove futile in the long run. That is because  whenever the opposition gather strengthen the established elites will just dismantle them. There will always be mistakes and missteps as no one is perfects and once the chance comes, decades of effort will go down the drain.

The PAP system is designed so that the incumbent dominantvoarty has all the resources and power to scrutinise the other side to find something or exploit so missteps while it is notvpossible for the WP to do the same to the PAP..Sooner or later out of so many members someone is going to make a mistake and they will finish you off. 

The WP is already the most careful opposition ever ...they are walking on egg shells most of the time afraid of makiing mistakes and getting arrested. 

The system is designed to ensure that an opposition can never thrive in Singapore.

Pitram and Faisal are likely to face criminal charges and could end up in jail or fined and lose their MP seats. 

With the leadership cripples and the last 10yrs efforts destroyed, how many will stay on. 

The regime is likely to use thus opportunity to strengthen its power. They have created new tools like POFMA and FICA  which they can use at their own discretion. SPH is now park under Khaw Boon Wan.

I think you are giving WP too much credit

Let me ask you this..

While SG was in the thick of Covid last year, why WP let its MP monkey RK talk abt gender equality and rape victims getting harsh treatment from SPF? Dun WP have much more important and pressing issues to debate in parliament?

This shows the lów calibre of WP leadership

I read through all the whatsapp messages among them and i conclude we are dealing with kindergarten calibre, actually on the same mediocre level as this clown ET

Basically pot calling the kettle black
How strong oppie is don't depend on PAP..

It depend on you.. If you think PAP did a good job and oppie suck, vote for PAP. If you think PAP did a bad job, vote for oppie, even if oppie send donkey as candidates.
(12-02-2022, 07:34 PM)ArielCasper Wrote: [ -> ]How strong oppie is don't depend on PAP..

It depend on you.. If you think PAP did a good job and oppie suck, vote for PAP. If you think PAP did a bad job, vote for oppie, even if oppie send donkey as candidates.
In any case we need opposition MPs to represent us, to bring important issues to Parliament....only then will the less fortunate have their grouses be debated ........
(12-02-2022, 07:33 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]I think you are giving WP too much credit

Let me ask you this..

While SG was in the thick of Covid last year, why WP let its MP monkey RK talk abt gender equality and rape victims getting harsh treatment from SPF? Dun WP have much more important and pressing issues to debate in parliament?

I read through all the whatsapp messages among them and i conclude we are dealing with kindergarten calibre, actually on the same mediocre level as this clown ET

Can the WP call for COP over the Trace Together app data usage? ...why was the truth not revealed until later.

Why was the earlier assertion in Parliament made?

The nature if the system is asymmetric ....if not for RK incident ...it will some other incident. At some point someone will make a mistake.like Chee a few yrs ago when he quoted a  r esearch which had.a.mistake that only govt will know because it has the data ....he was discredited because they also control the media.

Suppose the opposition is very careful every thing they do check 10 rounds. .they grow in strength....they will dealt with using the ISA if.there is a chance they can win majority in election.

This what happened to this opposition member. He was detained 30+yrs and there were no charges. He passed away recently and challenge the govt to produce one piece of proof against him. He was arrested just before he ran for elections that he a d his party was likely to win against the PAP

The law that enables this remains.

There is no way for opposition to gain power to make a difference because they have all the machinery to crush the opposition.

At different stages they will just activate different tools they have and reset the opposition back to zero..

In the  1988 election,  the WP was about to win a GRC under JBJ, they lost narrowly. The PAP went after the WP candidates who had to flee the country and later dismantled the Eunos GRC. JBJ who did not flee was sued until bankrupt to make sure he cannot contest..

When the citizens wanted to elect TCB as president and quite certain he would be elected if he could contest, the rules were changed so he was no longer qualified.

The opposition has zero chance to thrive in such a system. The odds are heavily stacked. Low Thia Kiang was masterful to be able to make a small dent but he spent his entire life just to win one GRC. Why? Be because it was so heavily stacked against him. If not for the extraordinary preserverance of Hougang residents who forego decades of upgrading and development we wont even get here.
(12-02-2022, 07:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Can the WP call for COP over the Trace Together app data usage? ...why was the truth not revealed until later.

The nature if the system is asymmetric ....if not for RK incident ...it will some other incident. At some point someone will make a mistake.like Chee a few yrs ago when he quoted a  r esearch which had.a.mistake that only govt will know because it has the data ....he was discredited because they also control the media.

Suppose the opposition is very careful every thing they do check 10 rounds. .they grow in strength....they will dealt with using the ISA if.there is a chance they can win majority in election.

This what happened to this opposition member. He was detained 30+yrs and there were no charges. He passed away recently and challenge the govt to produce one piece of proof against him. He was arrested just before he ran for elections that he a d his party was likely to win against the PAP

There is no way for opposition to gain power to make a difference because they have all the machinery to crush the opposition.

At different stages they will just activate different tools they have and reset the opposition back to zero..

In the  1988 election,  the WP was about to win a GRC under JBJ, they lost narrowly. The PAP went after the WP candidates who had to flee the country and later dismantled the Eunos GRC. JBJ who did not flee was sued until bankrupt to make sure he cannot contest..

When the citizens wanted to elect TCB as president and quite certain he would be elected if he could contest, the rules were changed so he was no longer qualified.
Already said many times Heavens got eyes one lah

When the time is ripe, and the mandate recalled, nothing will be smooth and there will be infighting and desertions

So let Karma deal with these bottom feeders

No one can get through Heavens wrath
(12-02-2022, 07:56 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Can the WP call for COP over the Trace Together app data usage? ...why was the truth not revealed until later.

The opposition has zero chance to thrive in such a system. The odds are heavily stacked. Low Thia Kiang was masterful to be able to make a small dent but he spent his entire life just to win one GRC. Why? Be because it was so heavily stacked against him. If not for the extraordinary preserverance of Houggang residents who forego decades of upgrading and development we wong even get here.

[Image: safe-image.gif]
Rubbish.  Rotfl
If Ah Singh is terminated. There will be another Ah Singh going to take over his job. 39% are still there.

Next GE, Ah Long may step down. More votes will swing as now we have too many candidates for 4G leader.This is a bad move for succession plan.

你想想为什么古人这样喜欢立太子?
Ppl knows what is happening.
As long as wp has excellent candidates, ppl will vote for them. One singh goes many other singhs will appear.
Why dishearten until so negative. Bottomline is excellent candidates.
clearing path for new player to come.. my guess most likely PSP to rise.
if we recall how the rise and fall of SPP and WP. We should see some sort of algorithm.
(12-02-2022, 08:48 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Rubbish.  Rotfl
If Ah Singh is terminated. There will be another Ah Singh going to take over his job. 39% are still there.

Next GE, Ah Long may step down. More votes will swing as now we have too many candidates for 4G leader.This is a bad move for succession plan.

你想想为什么古人这样喜欢立太子?

千万别立一个old you kong, 不然就玩完了
(12-02-2022, 07:22 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I used to volunteer to help during their WP elections in the mid 2000s. Not that I am an ardent supporter but can see the enthusiasm in the youths helping with  the campaign. ..

I used to support WP, but that was 10 years ago. After they won a GRC, I've not been impressed with their performance. They're not raising the issues that matter close to our hearts. Every time they raised an issue in parliament, PAP will give them a nominal and motherhood reply and THEY WILL ACCEPT. 

I hope WP will lose every one of their parliamentary seats and let PSP take over!
(12-02-2022, 08:48 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Rubbish.  Rotfl

你想想为什么古人这样喜欢立太子?

So last 50yrs  where are all them?....
(12-02-2022, 09:23 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]I used to support WP, but that was 10 years ago. After they won a GRC, I've not been impressed with their performance. They're not raising the issues that matter close to our hearts. Every time they raised an issue in parliament, PAP will give them a nominal and motherhood reply and THEY WILL ACCEPT. 

I hope WP will lose every one of their parliamentary seats and let PSP take over!

I see LMW asking many questions and refusing to let go then he is accused of being racist...then ridiculed then warned ...

You don't let go and go all the way they will be provoked to do something. When JBJ was in Parliament he took on many issues and fought hard on each one...later he would bankrupted and jailed.

It is easy to put demand on opposition to do this and that but put yourself in their shoes, you have family and all that...seeeing how many have gotten into trouble bankrupted or jailed....

It is easy to be outside demanding the opposition to do this and that. ...
I just dont understand how they got so much free time to just focus on attcking the Oppo. Dont the cuntry have so many issues to tackle?
(12-02-2022, 09:36 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I see LMW asking many questions and refusing to let go then he is accused of being racist...then ridiculed then warned ...

You don't let go and go all the way they will be provoked to do something. When JBJ was in Parliament he took on many issues and fought hard on each one...later he would bankrupted and jailed.

It is easy to put demand on opposition to do this and that but put yourself in their shoes, you have family and all that...seeeing how many have gotten into trouble bankrupted or jailed....

Of course it's easy for us to demand this and that. But if they put themselves up as opposition party members then they must be prepared to do what they are supposed to do. 

Not only do I place demands on them but also on the govt.
83 Pap vs 9 WP
92 Pap vs 0
91 Pap vs 1WP

Which one is the best?
Are checks and balances necessary?
(12-02-2022, 09:19 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]千万别立一个old you kong, 不然就玩完了

人在江湖,有时是身不由己。
我很看好他,他有一个强项。
(12-02-2022, 07:34 PM)ArielCasper Wrote: [ -> ]How strong oppie is don't depend on PAP..

thats right
i always advocate for this else theres no chance for a credible party to rise in sg. like sgbuffet said even thru good leaders like cst or ltk their respective parties may grow in strength but they themselves cant always be around but have to hand over the batons. thats where the risks lie. any bloop can pull them down.
so if u wanto wait till oppo finds good candidates then vote for them, tell u its pretty hard.

so i agree with you that if voters dont like the rulers they shld just simply vote for tomdickharry. otherwise no way!
(12-02-2022, 07:46 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]In any case we need opposition MPs to represent us, to bring important issues to Parliament....only then will the less fortunate have their grouses be debated ........

yes, agree. Let them spend their million $$$ salary focusing on attacking the Oppo

Big Grin
(12-02-2022, 09:36 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I see LMW asking many questions and refusing to let go then he is accused of being racist...then ridiculed then warned ...

PSP members already admitted that the "noise" you burgers made about CECA was racist and xenophobic, and not that CECA did not benefit Singapore.

Still want to argue ah?

The PAP system is designed so that the incumbent dominant party has all the resources and power to scrutinise the other side to find something or exploit so missteps while it is notvpossible for the WP to do the same to the PAP..Sooner or later out of so many members someone is going to make a mistake and they will finish you off. 

With the leadership crippled and the last 10yrs efforts destroyed, how many will stay on. Qualified people will be fearful of joining the ranks as you can get into trouble and jailed.

Wall of text.

Both LTK and CST retied without a single incident.

Singh took over from LTK, and this happened.

You don't seem to be able to analyse politics well.
(12-02-2022, 07:22 PM)MMsgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I used to volunteer to help during their WP elections in the mid 2000s. Not that I am an ardent supporter but can see the enthusiasm in the youths helping with  the campaign. ..

Well said.

Clapping

Thumbsup
Leong mum wai best..2500 per mth doing real work..but he needs to brush up.

Pritnam and wp members gets 16k。 singing along with pap on gentle issus.
don't really matter
u won't be abled to recognise Singapore
(12-02-2022, 07:33 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]I think you are giving WP too much credit

Let me ask you this..

jia lat liao. singapore lacking in great leaders  Sad
(12-02-2022, 10:57 PM)menghuii Wrote: [ -> ]thats right
i always advocate for this else theres no chance for a credible party to rise in sg. like sgbuffet said even thru good leaders like cst or ltk their respective parties may grow in strength but they themselves cant always be around but have to hand over the batons. thats where the risks lie. any bloop can pull them down.
so if u wanto wait till oppo finds good candidates then vote for them, tell u its pretty hard.

so i agree with you that if voters dont like the rulers they shld just simply vote for tomdickharry. otherwise no way!

if we continue to think no credible oppy vote of pappy which is sub par standard, we will never escape the fate of sinkies under pappy.
This hearing will be world news soon/
(12-02-2022, 11:09 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Wall of text.

Both LTK and CST retied without a single incident.

Singh took over from LTK, and this happened.

You don't seem to be able to analyse politics well.

It is very unfortunate that WP recruits RK into it's ranks, and this had to happened, it is very hard to dismantle what had been said and done.  In CST and LTK era when they are opposition chiefs, this saga was not played out.  Now the ball is in WP's court and they have to fight tooth and nail to get out of this mess.  It is very important who the opposition recruits into it's ranks and hopefully we don't see a repeat of this episode....

Nonsense
Pages: 1 2