SG Talk

Full Version: Dr Wealth : if you are worried about your investments, sell and sleep better...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Difficult times ahead.
For those who are not emotionally prepared, the volatility will affect your health and one should never trade health for anything.

in a 2014 talk to cnbc

Warren Buffett has warned against dumping stocks, hoarding cash, and buying gold or bitcoin when war breaks out, as he believes investing in businesses is the best way to build wealth over time.

i agreed with that as all events will all come to pass. good business with solid back ground, demand for their products, will revive and grow. not applicable to short term punting.
(28-02-2022, 08:28 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Difficult times ahead.
For those who are not emotionally prepared, the volatility will affect your health and one should never trade health for anything.

Very productive and meaningful video with sensible and helpful guidelines.  Thks for sharing.
(28-02-2022, 10:13 AM)sclim8 Wrote: [ -> ]in a 2014 talk to cnbc

Warren Buffett has warned against dumping stocks, hoarding cash, and buying gold or bitcoin when war breaks out, as he believes investing in businesses is the best way to build wealth over time.

i agreed with that as all events will all come to pass. good business with solid back ground, demand for their products, will revive and grow.  not applicable to short term punting.

Not everyone stays calm as Wareen Buffett and can become Billionaire.

Many will just sell because they do not have the ability of Buffett to stay calm.

We each have to be realistic about our own ability.

For me I will follow Warren buffett advice on best actions as I am not emotional when stocks go down.

Some people cannot stay calm and become fearful. They need to ease their own suffering and take losses ...

The best thing to do is well established for situations like this. But not everyone can follow.

Some will get greedy and try to make short term gains by shorting. Then market rebound and wipe them out

One thing Buffett will do and I am not capable of doing now is buy good companies when others panic.

This requires supreme confidence. Some crisis I can do it but not this time as I fear Putin is highly dangerous and has nuclear weapons