SG Talk

Full Version: 28 Feb 2022 : Very few dare to buy such a market ..most traders shortingg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
During the pandemic market plunge I bought on 23 March 2020 and kept buying after that.

This time although I am not selling stocks and have cash, I really cannot bring myself to buy.

1. It is too unpredictable.
2. The maximum downside is hard to assess Russia just move its nuclear weapons. Even if they don't use it they can threaten and this is big.
3. US market is over valued....even if there is no war I find US side the Nasdaq is very richly valued already...I was waiting for it to come down to 12K and below war did not push it down so far.
4. You notice the Singapore Market only fell slightly. And many of the blue chips like Semb Ind did not fall. DBS fell but is expensive even after the falls.

Only thing I was able to do to take advantage of the situation  was sell my Gold ETF after 1.5yrs of waiting.
If you look at the angmor market on Friday closing you would think there was no war going on in ukraine. everything was super green green Thinking