SG Talk

Full Version: Can anyone help or explain?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I port from one telco to another, everything was well with the exception of OTP. 

I just can't receive any OTP, to add to the mystery, yet I can receive and send SMS...

So strange and rather annoying...
hv u installed the bank app, like digibank for dbs?
It's not app specific but all OTP...

I switched to circles life and even the OTP from them to get into their app I can't receive... But I tried and from wife phone to me it works.
(01-03-2022, 11:15 AM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]I port from one telco to another, everything was well with the exception of OTP. 

I just can't receive any OTP, to add to the mystery, yet I can receive and send SMS...

So strange and rather annoying...

You are using iPhone or android phone?
Go and allow permission to receive SMS on your bank app.
Alamak I think I know why.🤣
For Android phone, go to setting.
Select App, select bank app, scroll down to permission. Select SMS.

One example.

[Image: 9-A6-E39-E4-C240-42-E6-90-C2-AF5870-F7-EF48.jpg]
(01-03-2022, 11:37 AM)Sticw Wrote: [ -> ]It's not app specific but all OTP...

I switched to circles life and even the OTP from them to get into their app I can't receive... But I tried and from wife phone to me it works.
May be the DND is set on your phone. Check your phone notification for apps and undo the DND setting......
Im surprised nobody knows till now....its a very simple reason....got nothing to do with telcos or phone settings.
If still cannot, hard reset your phone if your using iphone,

If Android Phone, I recommend you to do cache wiping. Need to boot into boot screen.