SG Talk

Full Version: Is the GST increased in anticipation of this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Ministerial salaries will remain unchanged and will be reviewed after five years or when it becomes necessary, said Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean on Thursday (March 1).

Five years is almost up. He said it in 2018.

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/no...essary-dpm
oooh . . .

But people say that PAP Benchmark with Full -time ministers in the World

when most of them are merely part-timers

worse, for a small population size

totally out of whack and illogical

because which small SMEs will pay their employees like Google Directors?
NSmen and NSF allowance already increased. Likely they'll increases theirs also. But knn, theirs already so high. Their 1 year pay is equivalent to many people's whole working life pay.
Therefore, increasing gst because of rising healthcare costs is only a secondary reason.
Their solution is Pay And Pay.
Song Boh!
Have a sense of proportion please. our budget is in tens of Billions. Increase in Ministerial salaries are a few Millions in aggregate.

Why do oppos always go for the wrong target? Can they see things in correct perspectives?
Other countries budgets are in hundreds of billions. Do u see their ministers drawing millions of salaries?
(03-03-2022, 01:39 PM)lylcnn Wrote: [ -> ]Have a sense of proportion please. our budget is in tens of Billions. Increase in Ministerial salaries are a few Millions in aggregate.

Why do oppos always go for the wrong target? Can they see things in correct perspectives?

SG Mayors are already the World's BEST paid

You think those stupid PAP Ministers are a few millions in aggregate

If so, why was our CNA reporter forced to resign over the Minister salary news?

And you also forgot that PAP Salaries have 4 Components that is not called salary

Can you now be sure of your own statements?
Vacancy for ministars r open to u n me, tom dickk harry.
Why not u get erected n if lucky able capable enuf , who knows u can too become a ministar n enjoy yr millions , shakjng legs but dont pee in yr pants under pressure crise.
High risks, high rewards!
(03-03-2022, 01:49 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]SG Mayors are already the World's BEST paid

You think those stupid PAP Ministers are a few millions in aggregate

If so, why was our CNA reporter forced to resign over the Minister salary news?

And you also forgot that PAP Salaries have 4 Components that is not called salary

Can you now be sure of your own statements?

If you read, I said the INCREASE are a few millions. Yes I do not see it beyond millions do you? Unless you have more inside info (I dont), can agree to disagree
Ministers pay increased? No problem, but it must be pegged to X times the median salary of the middle-class and Y times that of the lower-income.

This will ensure that their pay increased only when others also have a better life.
(03-03-2022, 01:52 PM)Yin yang Wrote: [ -> ]High risks, high rewards!

It is low risks, high rewards! When have we seen a minister held accountable for his mistakes?
(03-03-2022, 01:55 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Ministers pay increased? No problem, but it must be pegged to X times the median salary of the middle-class and Y times that of the lower-income.

This will ensure that their pay increased only when others also have a better life.

If I recall right, SG median income doubled in past 10 years
(03-03-2022, 01:57 PM)lylcnn Wrote: [ -> ]If I recall right, SG median income doubled in past 10 years

If you read carefully, I said median income of middle-class and median income of lower-income.

And pls provide source!
(03-03-2022, 02:02 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]If you read carefully, I said median income of middle-class and median income of lower-income.

And pls provide source!

Ok actually increased 50% over past 10 years

https://stats.mom.gov.sg/Pages/Income-Su...Table.aspx
U have to sacrifice not only yrself but yr entire family members for the nation 24×7×375 days round the clock....do good, yr job...say wrong words , entire family got scolded, cursed , cannot anyhow go out, cant go to geylang even..

U tink v good job, pls pls come out from yr v comfortable chairs , stand for erection n get erected to enjoy yr millions.

Fyi, i ever made around a million during those penny stocks fever decades ago .
So easy to become millionaire here if u have luck!. Strike a toto , few millions in tbe pocket, no need ti work for life.
Only those who keep on complaining negatively., afraid , will have a sad pitiful.ending...seen too many of these cases...Heavens is there to see judged yr performance on earth albeit a short dpan of life only
(03-03-2022, 02:07 PM)lylcnn Wrote: [ -> ]Ok actually increased 50% over past 10 years

Go further than 2011.
(03-03-2022, 02:08 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Go further than 2011.

haizzz...
(03-03-2022, 01:54 PM)lylcnn Wrote: [ -> ]If you read, I said the INCREASE are a few millions. Yes I do not see it beyond millions do you? Unless you have more inside info (I dont), can agree to disagree

OK.

But even so, their Full WAGES is already Sky- High

That increase in a few millions is still not justified

Having another around of Gerard Ee Salary Review is still "Ownself increase, Onwnself Approve, Ownself happy"

Will there be a Parliament debate on this

Or who can check them?
(03-03-2022, 02:09 PM)lylcnn Wrote: [ -> ]haizzz...

Let me tell you why. Even before 2011 their pay has already been highly skewed.

Why compare to a nonsensical pay in the first place. Stretch it back at least 20 years then we talk.
(03-03-2022, 02:07 PM)Yin yang Wrote: [ -> ]U have to sacrifice not only yrself but yr entire family members for the nation 24×7×375 days round the clock....do good, yr job...say wrong words , entire family got scolded, cursed , cannot anyhow go out, cant go to geylang even..

U tink v good job, pls pls come out from yr v comfortable chairs , stand for erection n get erected to enjoy yr millions.

Fyi, i ever made around a million during those penny stocks fever decades ago .
So easy to become millionaire here if u have luck!. Strike a toto , few millions in tbe pocket, no need ti work for life.
Only those who keep on complaining negatively., afraid , will have a sad pitiful.ending...seen too many of these cases...Heavens is there to see judged yr performance on earth albeit a short dpan of life only

So other countries' ministers never work so hard is it?
Singapore government need to have a cost cutting department. When the whole cabinet belong to pap, they just approve everything like nobody business. Even a million dollars rubbish bin also have. And all the multi billion projects..with huge operational cost... Are these really bringing in values?
(03-03-2022, 02:07 PM)Yin yang Wrote: [ -> ]U have to sacrifice not only yrself but yr entire family members for the nation 24×7×375 days round the clock....do good, yr job...say wrong words , entire family got scolded, cursed , cannot anyhow go out, cant go to geylang even..

Such a lame excuse.

Hollywood actors also sacrifice themselves and their family members 24X 7 X 365.  They also get scolded for bad acting and cursed like Korea Actors.

And they are filthy rich who does not need to go Geylang. They go Europe, lah.
(03-03-2022, 01:54 PM)lylcnn Wrote: [ -> ]If you read, I said the INCREASE are a few millions. Yes I do not see it beyond millions do you? Unless you have more inside info (I dont), can agree to disagree

This thinking is dangerous. So you're saying because we have how much reserves we can afford to pay them better so we should.
U got good governance, can sleep peacefully soundly till 12 noon even . During jap occupation or now urane, ordinary people r peeing shittjng in their pants when tbey hear guns firings , bombers roaring
Pap, psp , wp r all good parties. ..good men women must come out to serve this tiny puny island .

Remember, in the political arena , no.permanent friends or enemies...
(03-03-2022, 02:21 PM)Yin yang Wrote: [ -> ]U got good governance, can sleep peacefully soundly till 12 noon even . During jap occupation or now urane, ordinary people r peeing shittjng in their pants when tbey hear guns firings  , bombers roaring

So we pay them millions so to guarantee no wars and no occupation or that when occupied we will still be well taken care?

Here not kindergarten.
(03-03-2022, 02:19 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]This thinking is dangerous. So you're saying because we have how much reserves we can afford to pay them better so we should.

No. But TS insinuated a link between GST and ministerial pay. My point is this link is not rational.
(03-03-2022, 02:07 PM)lylcnn Wrote: [ -> ]Ok actually increased 50% over past 10 years

Even if increased 100% over 10 years also many times below the ministers pay. Their pay is xx times more lor.
Pages: 1 2