SG Talk

Full Version: Forum: Restaurant did not accept vaccination status in HealthHub app
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://www.straitstimes.com/opinion/for...lthhub-app

It has been reported that from Aug 10, fully vaccinated individuals may dine in groups of up to five people, with their vaccination statuses verified through the TraceTogether app, HealthHub, or other valid documentation.

I have been fully vaccinated with Sinovac under the Special Access Route and my vaccination status has been reflected in the HealthHub app since Aug 4.

However, this status is not reflected in the TraceTogether app as the Government is still working to get this data reflected in the app.

I had a disappointing experience at a restaurant on Tuesday, when a staff member refused to accept my vaccination status in HealthHub even though I logged into the app through my Singpass in his presence.

He insisted that the Ministry of Health had informed the establishment that it could only allow entry for diners whose TraceTogether app shows the "fully vaccinated" status, or if the restaurant's SafeEntry (Business) app has verified diners' vaccination status.

Not wanting to make a fuss, my friends and I left the place and settled for other dining outlets nearby. I am wondering if there are more misinformed food and beverage outlets that are still unaware of how to verify diners' vaccination status.

Audrey Koh
Serve you right for taking Sinovac Laughing
I don't blame the restaurants ..of they make one mistake the govt will shut them down.
.how are they supposed to know what is one one app not the other app and so on.
(21-08-2021, 10:17 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I don't blame the restaurants  ..of they make one mistake the govt will shut them down.
.how are they supposed to know what is one one app not the other app and so on.

Some restaurants don't even accept vaccination cert if TT app not shown vaxxed, whether P & M or S.

This is a really stupid, divisive policy of papayas.  Inclusive society ??
Ive already been to some non aircon restaurants that dont check while some do. Its really up to the restaurants. Its really screwed up policy.
https://www.notarise.gov.sg/

It's a business loss for the restaurant
Must be crony-owned restaurant.
Very simple.. Govt is passing the responsibility to the businesses, if businesses didn't check, govt happy to fine them or issue stop work order..

Businesses got no choice but to be strict, even if it could mean losing regular customers (some of these not vaccinated regular customers may just patron a not so strict one and stick with it).

Lose lose situation for businesses..

At the end of the day, customer is always right..
govt keep changing the rules, so confusing. Don't blame the restaurants.
Sinovac is not supported by the government. It is right that they also don't support it. They can choose whether to allow you or not.
Trace Together App to show my vaccination status takes 2 seconds. It is just turning on BlueTooth.

But my HealthBuddy App takes 25 seconds. Because I still need to use SingPass to log in twice. I would have removed the app if not for those appountments.
(21-08-2021, 05:04 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]Sinovac is not supported by the government. It is right that they also don't support it. They can choose whether to allow you or not.

Maybe the restaurant only accept vaccination by Pfizer or Modena vaccines....
It is up to them to accept or not. There are many other restaurants that will accept, no worries at all. It is their loss.

I tried out a food court in a mall today with my Sinovac vacc status using Healthhub, got a sticker, no issues.
can't they just get all F&B to install the safe-entry device and use either token or trace together apps to tap. those without vax the device will not beep or show red light indicting not vax. can also trace if there is a outbreak.
Dont understand customer, if never stated, dont chiak lor.
So simple, die die must eat meh?
(21-08-2021, 09:16 PM)wulala Wrote: [ -> ]can't they just get all F&B to install the safe-entry device and use either token or trace together apps to tap. those without vax the device will not beep or show red light indicting not vax. can also trace if there is a outbreak.

You have given a very good suggestion.