SG Talk

Full Version: HS Tech Index crash ...in perspective.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Gyv4hnj.jpg]

1. When it hit bottom 2 weeks ago it was 70+% drop from the peak.

2. At the same time large tech firms announced retrenchment just like post dot com bubble crash.

3. From top to tye bottom tye Nasdaq bubble crash was 77%.
However, the Nasdaq bubble was filled with crazy overbaluation that was main reason for the crash.

4. The China tech crash was due to crazy combination of china regulation and delisting fears from US regulators.

5. Later these fears were also mixed into a situation where we have a China economic slowdown ...just like the recession post nasdaq bubble and later also had 911 which is like present day black Swan event- Russian invasion of Ukraine.

6. The Nasdaq eventually more than 10x from the bottom taking more than a decade.

7. We cannot say history will repeat as it may not. But China doesn't want to use western platforms for e commerce, cloud and payment. ..and social media. These will have to be served by their local champions...the capital investment Is high and permanently crippling the cash generators fueling development in these areas and turning away foreign capital is a surefire way to lose and be left far behind.....last I heard China still wants to wants to win.

9. If China is playing to lose...I will get out. It can lose by nationalising these businesses, putting profit limits overbearing regulation and taxation. Other that that I am not to fearful of the China slowdown which until now looks temporary with many fiscal and monetary tools to navigate out.

10. Investments in China Tech are most difficult I have made with high risks and potential gains. They are not easy picks nor smooth rides.