SG Talk

Full Version: OCBC won't waive annual fee, so customer cancel credit cards on the spogt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
apply to be premier customers all cards waived automatically
I think in Singapore, most of the banks like DBS, UOB, Citibank, Maybank, SCB, CIMB etc will be able to waive off the annual fees especially Citibank, no question asked.
OCBC my experience is one of the few exceptional one who do not have the policy to waive after the first year.
I am holding one NTUC/OCBC just for grocery, never once I will go and apply another one from them.
There are many choices with other banks which are more willing to waive.
I angry cancel their card. 1 year later no choice apply for their card again.
there is really nothin to be angry about ..
just like buying food from a hawker

some hawker sibei guai lan... ask for more chilli must pay.

so it's either u dont patronise them or lan lan just pay if u really like it so much.

it the ocbc has no significant advantage over other cards, just cancel.
Last time i bang table on BOChina. Stupid card charges they bill me. Their customer service area at cecil street i remember its like a run down counter of some people taking medicine
[Image: Screenshot-20210825-181700.jpg]
(25-08-2021, 05:38 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]I angry cancel their card. 1 year later no choice apply for their card again.

There are so many choices. Y no choice?
(25-08-2021, 06:42 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]There are so many choices. Y no choice?

Need to see which one gives more.
(25-08-2021, 05:38 PM)theold Wrote: [ -> ]I angry cancel their card. 1 year later no choice apply for their card again.

I met this problem for dbs. 

You need to bank counter in person to request waiver. They will do for you...
HSBC and SCB credit cards are the best in terms of cash rebates. Apply SCB card sometimes will give you Airpod. But waiting time is at least 90days. Need to clock $300 on that mth.
But you must apply through Singsaver.

CIMB and POSB platinum card no annual fee.
No need to do waiver.

Maybank and OCBC same group.... Maybank will also sometimes dont waive annual fee.

Citibank card so so. Citibank SMRT card is the worst will makan your cash rebate. Most cheapo bank.
SCB got the best bank app.
(25-08-2021, 08:37 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]HSBC and SCB credit cards are the best in terms of cash rebates. Apply SCB card sometimes will give you Airpod. But waiting time is at least 90days. Need to clock $300 on that mth.
But you must apply through Singsaver.

CIMB and POSB platinum card no annual fee.
No need to do waiver.

Maybank and OCBC same group.... Maybank will also sometimes dont waive annual fee.

Citibank card so so. Citibank SMRT card is the worst will makan your cash rebate. Most cheapo bank.

So in your opinion which bank is the best, that it waive annual fees?
(25-08-2021, 08:45 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]SCB got the best bank app.

Got to agree with you on that. Actually, I don't understand how banks can make lousy apps. Don't they test its friendliness before they launched it? If they don't this shows you how serious (or the lack of it) they are treating you as a customer.
(25-08-2021, 08:45 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]So in your opinion which bank is the best, that it waive annual fees?

If you dont spend more than $800 per mth.
CIMB credit card is the best. No annual fee.
Still get cash rebate.

If you spend more than that. POSB credit card is the best.
Remember to install DBS paylah app to activate cash reward for that mth. Sometimes it is auto activated sometimes, it is not.

If you are high spender of 2k per mth. HSBC is the best. Give 2.5% cash rebate. But cap at $70. SCB only gives 1.5%.... The rest of them dont waste time.
(25-08-2021, 08:50 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]If you dont spend more than $800 per mth.
CIMB credit card is the best. No annual fee.
Still get cash rebate.

If you spend more than that. POSB credit card is the best.
Remember to install DBS paylah app to activate cash reward for that mth. Sometimes it is auto activated sometimes, it is not.

If you are high spender of 2k per mth. HSBC is the best. Give 2.5% cash rebate. SCB only gives 1.5%.... The rest of them dont waste time.

Bro., thanks for the information.
I would be overwhelmingly happy to pay the annual fee if they approve my application.
sc's Manhattan gives very gd rebates for big ticket items
Not new. OCBC is notorious for wanting to take annual fees.

This thread has over 1000 replies and is 5-year old and still active, mostly with the same feedback.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threa...19/page-51
(25-08-2021, 09:25 PM)SotongOngTee Wrote: [ -> ]I would be overwhelmingly happy to pay the annual fee if they approve my application.

Even if it is over  a hundred dollars...? Cool
Bank like that what

even 2 DOLLARS ALSO WANT TO TAKE
if you account less the certain min amount

DBS if less than 500 , every month deduct 2 dollars
OCBC is less than 1k
i only have debit cards, bec i anyhow spend on credit cards

with debit, my mind is conscious of the the amount left in the account

no more wild spending for me
(17-11-2021, 01:49 PM)hero Wrote: [ -> ]i only have debit cards, bec i anyhow spend on credit cards

with debit, my mind is conscious of the the amount left in the account

no more wild spending for me

You are one smart alex..... Clapping
(25-08-2021, 05:46 PM)OLT Wrote: [ -> ]there is really nothin to be angry about ..

so it's either u dont patronise them or lan lan just pay if u really like it so much.

1 lesser customer fr u do nt make a dent to their profit.want to use,pay 
(25-08-2021, 05:46 PM)OLT Wrote: [ -> ]there is really nothin to be angry about ..

1 lesser customer fr u do nt make a dent to their profit.want to use,pay 
american express better than std chtd.
std charetered many paymrnts do not hv 1.5% cash rebate somemore not instant

amx no need to remember this cnt  that cant cash back on the same mth
(17-11-2021, 01:38 PM)debono Wrote: [ -> ]Even if it is over  a hundred dollars...? Cool

Indubitably, sotongs are not only blur but also sipeh bo lian deng si peh. No medicine can cure wan.
(17-11-2021, 01:56 PM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]american express better than std chtd.
std charetered many paymrnts do not hv 1.5% cash rebate somemore not instant

amx no need to remember this cnt  that cant cash back on the same mth

But Amx has one of the highest annual subscription charge...... crying
Even if they waive they make you call up to waive.
Based on US market study as many as 15:% forget and pay the annual fees.

I never heard of a bank refusing to waive because I thought they are making $$$ from those who forget to call to waive...
Pages: 1 2