SG Talk

Full Version: Do you reset your ONT and Modem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I will switch off and on again come weekend once per week.
em . . .?
No…. Big Grin

Provided having internet connected issue then with reset and reboot it.
(23-04-2022, 12:53 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]No…. Big Grin

Provided having internet connected issue then with reset and reboot it.

actually is not need but sometimes is good to turn off and on again .
(23-04-2022, 05:42 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]actually is not need but sometimes is good to turn off and on again .

Why good?....... Thinking
No need at all. On & off too often may shock the equipment. Worse.
(23-04-2022, 06:07 PM)RichDad Wrote: [ -> ]No need at all. On & off too often may shock the equipment. Worse.

I preferring Modem and ONT. I don't know, I using the default Singtel Modem. Yes I know a lot claim is better to get those modem from other brands etc better

even the Singtel tech told me while at my house install that time. He just told me Singtel default modem is not good , need to reset sometimes to clear the coache etc

he told me you see those what Asus brand etc got many like antenna ones , you don't need to reset as is better modem but of course pricey.
(23-04-2022, 06:11 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]I preferring Modem and ONT. I don't know, I using the default Singtel Modem. Yes I know a lot claim is better to get those  modem from other brands etc better

even the Singtel tech told me while at my house install that time. He just told me Singtel default modem is not good , need to reset sometimes to clear the coache etc

he told me you see those what Asus brand etc got many like antenna ones , you don't need to reset as is better modem but of course pricey.

What modem with antenna ones? You mean router ah?..... Thinking
(23-04-2022, 06:14 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]What modem with antenna ones? You mean router ah?..... Thinking

yEA router/modem
(23-04-2022, 06:16 PM)revealer Wrote: [ -> ]https://skyjuiceiswater.blogspot.com/201...ition.html

Yea that is what I mean from the article ,

I prefer manual , come Saturday will switch off and on again
(23-04-2022, 06:07 PM)RichDad Wrote: [ -> ]No need at all. On & off too often may shock the equipment. Worse.

Nonsense la.😄
(23-04-2022, 12:44 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]I will switch off and on again come weekend once per week.
I have been switching on /off every end of the day without issue since the introduction of modem into the market.
(23-04-2022, 06:38 PM)Ernesto Wrote: [ -> ]I have been switching on /off every end of the day without issue since the introduction of modem into the market.

I only switch off and on back just for 2 or 3 mins come Saturday so call " clear the coache inside the modem " and all the way On.

One thing I still using home residence tel no which connect to the modem so I always on it

Only come Saturday just off for a few mins than turn on again to clear the " coache inside the modem ".
Good mei ?
what this ONT and modem
confusion
ONT is communication with ISP thr. fibre optics light
don't ever dream that your ISP just becos u got password cannot change anything