SG Talk

Full Version: Why some people want God father, mum, bro or sister?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
their real parents, bros or sisters not good enough?

have to go seek STRANGER as one?
(29-04-2022, 04:40 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]their real parents, bros or sisters not good enough?

Some are told by fortune tellers to seek godfather for change of luck or will stop getting sick often specially for young kids...... Rolleyes
(29-04-2022, 04:44 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Some are told by fortune tellers to seek godfather for change of luck or will stop getting sick often specially for young kids...... Rolleyes

seriously got this type of theory than how?

i only know some is due to $$$
You fucking free is it?
(29-04-2022, 05:04 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]You fucking free is it?

Now chill in office , Uncle not around so eat snake lor
(29-04-2022, 04:47 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]seriously got this type of theory than how?

i only know some is due to $$$

Last time many old Chinese folks 50 or 60 years ago very superstitious wan. Sometimes when children sick see Chinese sinseh not get well so will go temple asked god aka sin for help. Sometimes tangkee wrote some yellow paper or hu and asked parent to burn and mix with water for the sick to drink. Some also advised parents to get god parents for the child for change of luck..... Big Grin
(29-04-2022, 05:14 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Last time many old Chinese folks 50 or 60 years ago very superstitious wan. Sometimes when children sick see Chinese sinseh not get well so will go temple asked god aka sin for help. Sometimes tangkee wrote some yellow paper or hu and asked parent to burn and mix with water for the sick to drink. Some also advised parents to get god parents for the child for change of luck..... Big Grin

I thought wear ear ring? One side of the ear wear earring.
(29-04-2022, 05:15 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]I thought wear ear ring? One side of the ear wear earring.

That's right, sometimes tangkee told parents to make the child wear ear ring or change name. Sometime girl's name change to boy's name and vice versa....... Big Grin
This actor chow chongching got God sis or bro one..
(29-04-2022, 04:40 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]their real parents, bros or sisters not good enough?

Very simple. They want a place in heaven. If this option is taken off, No one will believe him anymore.

yr uncle is aso god uncle?
(29-04-2022, 05:14 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Last time many old Chinese folks 50 or 60 years ago very superstitious wan. Sometimes when children sick see Chinese sinseh not get well so will go temple asked god aka sin for help. Sometimes tangkee wrote some yellow paper or hu and asked parent to burn and mix with water for the sick to drink. Some also advised parents to get god parents for the child for change of luck..... Big Grin

Then, how about Catholic? 
I  have a friend who always boasted that her son's godmother is an MP (being kicked out by opposition many years ago). This friend is very very boastful,  don't know how much she said is true.
(29-04-2022, 06:28 PM)Clyde Wrote: [ -> ]Then, how about Catholic? 
I  have a friend who always boasted that her son's godmother is an MP (being kicked out by opposition many years ago). This friend is very very boastful,  don't know how much she said is true.

This "god" relationship need not be due to superstitious as I wrote above. It could be due to many reasons. For example sometimes two families are close friends and when one of the friends wife is pregnant, the other family might offer to be the child's god parents to tie their friendship closer. Some go around to find rich old men to be their god-nephew like the one in this forum with a ultra rich uncle...... Big Grin