SG Talk

Full Version: Tonight channel 8 movie repeating old movie again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
10.30 pm movie later...Once  a thief ...old old show....biggest yawn.
(30-04-2022, 08:16 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]10.30 pm movie later...Once  a thief ...old old show....biggest yawn.

surprise, still got people watching channel 8

must be living in cave
(30-04-2022, 08:34 PM)drgn Wrote: [ -> ]surprise, still got people watching channel 8

must be living in cave

There are millions watching even at this moment. 
If not, the station would have closed down long ago.

So ignorant...must be an old toad living in the deep well..lol
(30-04-2022, 08:47 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]There are millions watching even at this moment. 

maybe not old enough to need attract those above Lee HL age   Laughing
(30-04-2022, 08:34 PM)drgn Wrote: [ -> ]surprise, still got people watching channel 8

must be living in cave

Actually “ watch “ for fun for 30 mins switch off some is turn on for sound only
(30-04-2022, 08:16 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]10.30 pm movie later...Once  a thief ...old old show....biggest yawn.

Singtel Mio TV is even worse, the same show repeats every another day, 3 times a week to fool the customers, are they running out of movies or what?

For example, Superman Return has been showing almost everyday at night
(30-04-2022, 10:48 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Singtel Mio TV is even worse, the same show repeats every another day, 3 times a week to fool the customers, are they running out of movies or what?

For example, Superman Return has been showing almost everyday at night

Now the trend is Netflix HBO etc
Those young gen now into also those mad about drama one
Two actors from the show already gone. Good to see them again in this show.
(30-04-2022, 11:42 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Two actors from the show already gone. Good to see them again in this show.

oMG you mean that girl? what happen
(30-04-2022, 11:45 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]oMG you mean that girl? what happen

I mean Kenneth Tsang and Leslie lah.
Looks like the woman is stilling looking good.

https://6park.news/en/61-year-old-zhong-...cloud.html
(30-04-2022, 11:56 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the woman is stilling looking good.

https://6park.news/en/61-year-old-zhong-...cloud.html

wow 61 still look ok , still kinda same like when she young smiling. Where her hubby
(30-04-2022, 11:58 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]wow 61 still look ok , still kinda same like when she young smiling. Where her hubby

You dunno her husband died long ago meh.

https://inf.news/en/entertainment/c9889e...8a592.html
(01-05-2022, 12:01 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]You dunno her husband died long ago meh.

https://inf.news/en/entertainment/c9889e...8a592.html

wow, she is faithful.
(30-04-2022, 08:47 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]There are millions watching even at this moment. 

channel 8 is dying, viewers are left with old aunties. 

for watching movies, the new trend is Netflix, Disney+ , HBO.. and so on.    New movies are shown on 4K/HDR format, and you can watch any time, don't have to wait until 1030pm to watch a old show with blur picture.

for those who prefer not to pay, there are plenty of free apps available, what you need is an android TV, or normal TV with a android TV box.
In my block only some elderly above 80s still watching.

Even 70yo people watch drama on their phones now.
(01-05-2022, 08:28 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]In my block only some elderly above 80s still watching.

Even 70yo people watch drama on their phones now.
How come what others watched in their homes you know?..... Thinking
(01-05-2022, 08:33 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]How come what others watched in their homes you know?..... Thinking

My old neighborhoodl where I stayed for decades all neighbors same level know each other.  My mom friends are the neighbors  so they chit chat what they watch etc.
(01-05-2022, 08:17 AM)drgn Wrote: [ -> ]channel 8 is dying, viewers are left with old aunties. 

for watching movies, the new trend is Netflix, Disney+ , HBO.. and so on.    New movies are shown on 4K/HDR format, and you can watch any time, don't have to wait until 1030pm to watch a old show with blur picture.

for those who prefer not to pay, there are plenty of free apps available, what you need is an android TV, or normal TV with a android TV box.

Disney+ , HBO....

Disney+ too engross  lgbtq
HBO content limited
(01-05-2022, 09:52 AM)watchfirst9 Wrote: [ -> ]Disney+ , HBO....

Disney+ too engross  lgbtq
HBO content limited

the point is the choices are plenty. 

if you don't like disney+, hbo, use other apps

free apps are good.   contents are super wide.

e.g  mudvod,  try to use it then you know what you have missed.
(30-04-2022, 11:54 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]I mean Kenneth Tsang and Leslie lah.

Eric Tseng and Leslie Cheung.
(01-05-2022, 10:20 AM)drgn Wrote: [ -> ]the point is the choices are plenty. 

if you don't like disney+, hbo, use other apps

free apps are good.   contents are super wide.

e.g  mudvod,  try to use it then you know what you have missed.

If Sg continue to neglect developing local drama entrainment content,
its media can soon closed shop and Sporeans identify continue weaken  
even now, media corp drama across the board already look unsgp.
Rotfl
Local TV  channels are mere propagandas.
They are tools which the authorities use to instil political, social,racial harmony and other objectives. 

License fees for TV had to be paid previously. It is free now.

Local TV media will NEVER close down.
In a trading update on Tuesday, Netflix said its total number of subscribers had fallen by 200,000 in the first three months of 2022, falling well short of its target. It also said some two million more were likely to quit the service in the three months to July.21 Apr 2022
(01-05-2022, 11:05 AM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]In a trading update on Tuesday, Netflix said its total number of subscribers had fallen by 200,000 in the first three months of 2022, falling well short of its target. It also said some two million more were likely to quit the service in the three months to July.21 Apr 2022

you forgot to mention that Netflix now has 221.6 million subscribers globally.

221.6 million minus 200k is still 221.4 million.
(01-05-2022, 11:04 AM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]Local TV  channels are mere propagandas.
They are tools which the authorities use to instil political, social,racial harmony and other objectives. 

License fees for TV had to be paid previously. It is free now.

Local TV media will NEVER close down.

same as straitstime, zaobao.

govt pumped in many many many million dollars to mediacorp and sph.

they will never close down, but the viewership is Confused
(01-05-2022, 04:01 PM)drgn Wrote: [ -> ]you forgot to mention that Netflix now has 221.6 million subscribers globally.

221.6 million minus 200k is still 221.4 million.
We are chatting about TV viewing only in SG.
(01-05-2022, 04:12 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]We are chatting about TV viewing only in SG.

I said that because you mentioned "In a trading update on Tuesday, Netflix said its total number of subscribers had fallen by 200,000 in the first three months of 2022"

200,000 is the global figure, for for sg viewer.

by the way, sg has more than 1 million netflix subscribers.
(01-05-2022, 04:30 PM)drgn Wrote: [ -> ]I said that because you mentioned "In a trading update on Tuesday, Netflix said its total number of subscribers had fallen by 200,000 in the first three months of 2022"

200,000 is the global figure, for for sg viewer.

by the way, sg has more than 1 million netflix subscribers.

I million accounts shared means almost every person in sg has Netflix.

Anyway the 200k fall for Netflix is due to Russian users getting expelled?
(01-05-2022, 04:45 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I million accounts shared means almost every person in sg has Netflix.

Anyway the 200k fall for Netflix is due to Russian users getting expelled?

singapore population is about 5.9 million now.
Pages: 1 2