SG Talk

Full Version: WOMAN’S RESIGNATION “NOT ACKNOWLEDGED”, TELLS HER TO REPORT TO MOM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
EH? Yar, hor

Employees can submit a Resignation letter

but Employers can reject

How?
Surely  can resign  ...give notice or pay up the 2 months to employer if want to leave immediately.
Employer cannot reject resignation letter lah. They can pretend never received your resignation letter, but in this era, how to pretend when there are multiple channels like emails, whatsapp, video/audio recording.

You state everything clearly, like day of tender, last day of work according to your employment contract.

Upon the last day of work, you have to go, no matter what..
(03-05-2022, 02:00 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]Surely  can resign  ...give notice or pay up the 2 months to employer if want to leave immediately.

Companies know that PAP/ MOM support them

Challenge the employee to report to MOM!

even when they are in the wrong

This shows how bad PAP has led this country
very difficult to reject.
unless a change of thoughts.
if employer reject, can directly go to HR, call HR and send mail to them.
Usually have two give one month notice to either party. I may be wrong since I’ve not been in this situation before. I worked with only one organisation till my retirement.
(03-05-2022, 01:28 PM)Hfourhappy Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.facebook.com/236169163395908.../?sfnsn=mo

Resignation Letter needs to be acknowledged one meh?

Talking cock!
(05-05-2022, 07:42 PM)Sentinel Wrote: [ -> ]Resignation Letter needs to be acknowledged one meh?

Talking cock!

go and ask the writer lah.
(03-05-2022, 02:00 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]Surely  can resign  ...give notice or pay up the 2 months to employer if want to leave immediately.

There's no need to pay additional 2 months. Just forfeit the 2 months salary.
(05-05-2022, 08:00 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]There's no need to pay additional 2 months. Just forfeit the 2 months salary.

Provided u have 2 months salary with the company to forfeit.
Go read the Employment Act.
(05-05-2022, 08:07 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]Provided u have 2 months salary with the company to forfeit.

If u serve 2 months notice, they have to pay u 2 months of salary. U don't serve they don't have to pay. So it's the same. Usually people serve so that they can do a proper handover.
Her performance is too good maybe..
(05-05-2022, 08:29 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]If u serve 2 months notice, they have to pay u 2 months of salary. U don't serve they don't have to pay. So it's the same. Usually people serve so that they can do a proper handover
Of course if you serve out the full 1 or 2 months notice, you don't have to pay, in fact you will still continue to get your salary.

If you wish to just leave immediately, you have to pay the company cash in lieu of notice.
there are coys need 2 month notice....
that is the most difficult part to look for jobs.
(05-05-2022, 07:38 PM)surfer Wrote: [ -> ]Usually have two give one month notice to either party. I may be wrong since I’ve not been in this situation before. I worked with only one organisation till my retirement.

You must have worked for singtel or chenghu Big Grin
(05-05-2022, 08:07 PM)hansamu Wrote: [ -> ]Provided u have 2 months salary with the company to forfeit.

If your salary is $2600 a month or more, you are not covered by the Employment Act.

So, if you have any dispute, you have to find a lawyer to sue the company for whatever whatever.

Anyway, most companies require one month's notice, not two months.  If you do not give one month's notice, then you pay one month's salary in lieu of.....
(05-05-2022, 08:29 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]If u serve 2 months notice, they have to pay u 2 months of salary. U don't serve they don't have to pay. So it's the same. Usually people serve so that they can do a proper handover.

You are quoting Malaysian law ah?

In Singapore, if you want to walk out straight away, that is, without serving notice of resignation (usually one month), you have to pay the company one month's salary....or whatever number of months' salary according to how many months' notice you are supposed to give.
Yes.
By and large , for those not covered under the Employment Act , the letter of employment will usually state the notice period the employee has to give when resigning.
(05-05-2022, 10:01 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]You must have worked for singtel or chenghu Big Grin

Previously a Stat board and then privatised.