SG Talk

Full Version: Charlie Munger on the Greatness of Lee Kuan Yew
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But he is gone and what we are left with is worst than huge pool of trainees running this country.
It's really a shame that people do not give enough credit to LKY's peers. Without them, LKY would likely not achieve what has been achieved.
(15-05-2022, 06:02 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's really a shame that people do not give enough credit to LKY's peers. Without them, LKY would likely not achieve what has been achieved.

Supporting players were also good but LKY himself was irreplaceable.
Goh Keng Swee was NOT whiter than white because he had a mistress Big Grin
(15-05-2022, 06:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Supporting players were also good but LKY himself was irreplaceable.

There're many talented people in this world who are not successful. And why was LKY successful? He built up his prestige by giving the people a good life, hence they trust him to enact whatever laws that seemed harsh. If people like GKS were not around, who knows what Singapore will become.
(15-05-2022, 06:37 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Goh Keng Swee was NOT whiter than white because he had a mistress Big Grin
Having a mistress is the least sin of the sins. Big Grin
(15-05-2022, 06:48 PM)Blin Wrote: [ -> ]Having a mistress is the least sin of the sins. Big Grin
Tell that to his wife😂
(15-05-2022, 06:37 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Goh Keng Swee was NOT whiter than white because he had a mistress Big Grin

Really ah? Strangely LKY let him off or no such thing?....... Big Grin
(15-05-2022, 07:02 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Really ah? Strangely LKY let him off or no such thing?....... Big Grin

LKY still needed this architect of modern Singapore Big Grin
(15-05-2022, 07:07 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]LKY still needed this architect of modern Singapore Big Grin
As far as I know, nobody is indispensable to LKY ....... Big Grin
Very difficult to control little bro lah.
(15-05-2022, 07:10 PM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I know, nobody is indispensable to LKY ....... Big Grin

I remember my senior colleague told me GKS, TCC, and EW Barker were the only ones who dared talk back and contradict LKY Big Grin
But LKY's family has become a shame and disgrace in the public.

After his death, his children started to fight over his money and house publicly and PM Lee and his siblings have turned 
against each other publicly.

LKY had failed as a father and head of family to educate his children properly.
(15-05-2022, 07:23 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]I remember my senior colleague told me GKS, TCC, and EW Barker were the only ones who dared talk back and contradict LKY Big Grin

Yes, and that is why better policies can be made. Nowadays everyone is trying to second guess what the leader wants, and are afraid to propose alternative plans that are likely to displease him.