SG Talk

Full Version: Costs of delaying Changi T5 will exceed original S$10 Bil : Why not resume now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Costs of delaying Changi T5 completion will exceed original S$10 Bil : Why not resume now than 2-3 years time?

"Estimated to cost approximately $10bn, the project marks the biggest expansion at Changi Airport to date. It is part of Changi East development, which also includes the development of a three-runway system and network of inter and intra-terminal tunnels. 28 April 2018

Today:
When it opens in the 2030s, Terminal 5 will be larger than the other four terminals combined."
https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/...20combined.
I wonder how to profit back the amount. CNA I remember got show case the T5 project , claim why need lots of money , budget.

What the land this and that refill blah blah engineers claim is hard to do a lot digging here and there in " technical terms "
This project is to smoothen GDP numbers
(18-05-2022, 12:20 AM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]This project is to smoothen GDP numbers

what's news? like China keep having " construction " = GDP will go high
(18-05-2022, 12:18 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder how to profit back the amount. CNA I remember got show case the T5 project , claim why need lots of money , budget.

What the land this and that refill blah blah engineers claim is hard to do a lot digging here and there in " technical terms "

Projected T5 to handle additional 50 million arrivals a year.

To include 60 million arrivals B4 pandemic,  IE expecting total 110 million arrivals in 2030.

Is that numbers possible?
(18-05-2022, 12:28 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Projected T5 to handle additional 50 million arrivals a year.

To include 60 million arrivals B4 pandemic,  IE expecting total 110 million arrivals in 2030.

Is that numbers possible?

Partly again they will claim " due to competition from China , South korea , etc airports as they also upgrading etc "

For me I feel SG Gov Should not think too far , what in the year 2040, 2050 even

LKY period is , yes have to think far, what to do , what to plan for SG next 20, 30, 40, 50 years ahead
partly most countries trying to rebuild etc due to WW2 effects , the British etc misc matters

Now u don't even know what next look at Russia war who will expect War pop out whereby every countries deal with Covi19

Now this PM Lee claim " might have recession next 2 years " and heng also claim " prepare for next pandemic thus SG get companies come in SG produce vaccine etc

I feel they doing some short term plan also long term plan just that they bet this T5 can bring a lot money due to holding lots of Exhibitions like Air Show, also there got office to rent out especially for logistic companies again surely got Shopping mall inside again rental revenue

I don't know their target can reach as they also know the world crises can change within split sec who knows next year what Big thing happen.
A white elephant
(18-05-2022, 12:49 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]..
A white elephant

Will not be as surely Air Show, what ever exhibitions deal with plans will stage at T5
Also those office space there , shopping mall again

The thing again is Really will profit ?? or " ownself check ownself again "
The govt likes to see big plans and management of Changi airport is simply pandering to the govt's wish. The management earns big bucks. Who will care so much what will happen 20 years down the road when all of them are already retired.
(18-05-2022, 12:56 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]Will not be as surely Air Show, what ever exhibitions deal with plans will stage at T5
Also those office space there , shopping mall again

The thing again is Really will profit ?? or " ownself check ownself again  "

Recent meeting with 8 Asean members shows Biden is refocusing US investments in Asean especially Vietnam to counter Chinese influences in the region.

Probably more on economic than military.
(18-05-2022, 01:02 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]The govt likes to see big plans and management of Changi airport is simply pandering to the govt's wish. The management earns big bucks. Who will care so much what will happen 20 years down the road when all of them are already retired.

This is what I already notice . You see how LHL managed vs LKY really BIG Difference.
(18-05-2022, 01:02 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]The govt likes to see big plans and management of Changi airport is simply pandering to the govt's wish. The management earns big bucks. Who will care so much what will happen 20 years down the road when all of them are already retired.

"PM Lee: S’pore S$8 billion poorer each year, recession could hit in the next 2 years"

https://theindependent.sg/pm-lee-spore-s...02%20years
(18-05-2022, 01:13 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]This is what I already notice . You see how LHL managed vs LKY really BIG Difference.

LKY started with No Money
LHL started with a lot of money
(18-05-2022, 01:09 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Recent meeting with 8 Asean members shows Biden is refocusing US investments in Asean especially Vietnam to counter Chinese influences in the region.

Probably more on economic than military.

lol " Creepy Biden " Mind you Trump influence is getting stronger back, he got chance to be back as President in 2024.
Of course Trump will not cancel investments in Asean. He even come SG meet with Kim see how SG spend to host the submit for him lol.

Just that We don't know wat happen next . Now things hard to say. " Those conspiracy folks can say ' they already plan , they control the world, they want war and now u see happen " These World leaders know before hand what happen

Yes but even You have the Power, the Wealth , literally you control the world how and what it should go.
There will be Opposition another Group will oppose to suit their Agenda more because it don't go fair to every one.

So again Conflict, debate as usual. Lastly you can't win the NATURE , the disaster. You can use technology to " control the weather " create Rain but end of the day you still can't defeat the Nature AND lastly " Incidents " Somethings things will happen just like that which you can't control.
(18-05-2022, 01:19 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ].

This is Why he take for " granted " You look what BIG achievement he do as PM ? so many years
I still can't recall what BIG things he do for SG down to the people yet to be honest.

I still can remember LKY days as PM , clean up the SG River a project which do help Tourism and make SG image better
than the Most important is New Water. MY can tease us drink our own urine but AT Least we can depend ourself no need feel the treat from MY

This is why LKY already for see, as the water deals contract going to end
Even MY buy clean water for us but MY also not " stupid " either they do trying doing their own system.

One " myths rumours come water is price " Some claim we get owned as MY sell cheap to us ? but we got charged More by our own Govt ?

I don't know I remember read before somewhere not sure true or not.
Here https://cilisos.my/msian-spore-water-dea...nts-to-do/

https://unscrambled.sg/2018/06/26/some-p...-malaysia/

If you check your PUB bill , " water taxes increase " if compare last year bill or so can see the increase.
LHL is a sucker for big plans. You see how Grace Fu is able to impress him by grandiose ideas such as green environment and even nuclear energy. The more splendid the plan sounds, the more he'll like the initiator. I suspect he's previously sold the idea of 10million population, but then when people protested, he u-turned and said that there's no such plan.
(18-05-2022, 01:33 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]LHL is a sucker for big plans. You see how Grace Fu is able to impress him by grandiose ideas such as green environment and even nuclear energy. The more splendid the plan sounds, the more he'll like the initiator. I suspect he's previously sold the idea of 10million population, but then when people protested, he u-turned and said that there's no such plan.

Flicker- minded and indecisive even taken such a long time to plan stepping down .

Nothing seems right

Even his appointed successor rejected the job offered.
The world's highest paid PM and yet, still wanting to be the longest serving PM.

How can?

LKY will not accept such failure in execution

Current PAP lacks the foresight and 20/20 vision

SG does not have that many attraction sites

So it is relying on SpeedRail from Jurong to Thailand

where Malaysia will charge us
(18-05-2022, 01:19 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ].

WITH LOTS OF MONEY V RICH WILL GET NAUGHTY N WILFUL
(18-05-2022, 01:33 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]LHL is a sucker for big plans. You see how Grace Fu is able to impress him by grandiose ideas such as green environment and even nuclear energy. The more splendid the plan sounds, the more he'll like the initiator. I suspect he's previously sold the idea of 10million population, but then when people protested, he u-turned and said that there's no such plan.

This fellow, EX HDB Chief aka also PAP people and who the boss up there?
https://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/10/singapor...chief.html
(18-05-2022, 10:45 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]This fellow, EX HDB Chief aka also PAP people and who the boss up there?

Is he staying in Australia now with plenty of space? .... Thinking
(18-05-2022, 12:08 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Costs of delaying Changi T5 completion will exceed original S$10 Bil : Why not resume now than 2-3 years time?

"Estimated to cost approximately $10bn, the project marks the biggest expansion at Changi Airport to date. It is part of Changi East development, which also includes the development of a three-runway system and network of inter and intra-terminal tunnels. 28 April 2018

Today:
When it opens in the 2030s, Terminal 5 will be larger than the other four terminals combined."
https://www.executivetraveller.com/news/...20combined.

Maybe wait for cost prices to rise more lah!
(18-05-2022, 10:52 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Is he staying in Australia now with plenty of space? .... Thinking

this is why I SAY " SELFISH mindset , even down to what Celebrity help PAP in rally "

look at Sharon Au, help tony tan speak during PE , where she is now ?
etc etc Ex Top Civil servants for some , even Ministers, MP for PAP

what " die for SG , SG is our Land, blah blah " than why go oversea ?? why never stay in SG forever ??
(18-05-2022, 10:57 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]this is why I SAY " SELFISH mindset , even down to what Celebrity help PAP in rally "

what " die for SG , SG is our Land, blah blah " than why go oversea ?? why never stay in SG forever ??

there are still many many plenty naive sillyporeans believe  thsi is my country i will die for it !!
(18-05-2022, 11:03 AM)talky Wrote: [ -> ]there are still many many plenty naive sillyporeans believe  thsi is my country i will die for it !!

Is not we naive, We feel proud come National Day last time but now ??? Oh well just another PH we take a rest go oversea travel , JB

etc ,
Isn't we as Singaporean should stay in SG celebrate National Day ??? instead go JB, Malaysia celebrate ???

Partly people already sick of this current Govt lead by this current PAP team by LHL.
(18-05-2022, 10:57 AM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]this is why I SAY " SELFISH mindset , even down to what Celebrity help PAP in rally "

The plan of 10 million is for you peasants lah. He stay in Australia with ranches and big land...... Big Grin
(18-05-2022, 11:07 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]The plan of 10 million is for you peasants lah. He stay in Australia with ranches and big land...... Big Grin

maybe " he laughing at us lor " as HDB ex chief , we pay so much for a HDB squeeze and squeeze
Climate change causing sea water level to rise

T1,T2, T3 and T4 submerged

Die lah T5 not ready

Using taxpayers money to gamble on Changi T5 project..
Pages: 1 2 3