SG Talk

Full Version: Bill Banter explains how he made $1B on horse racing...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw his formula linearly combining a set of factors with weights and use regression techniques. Cannot be right? 

One can just use modern machine learning technologies and the problem will be so easily cracked. The Kelly formula he used to maximise his equity growth rate remain useful in trading and investing.

Anyway this guy did make 1B in horse racing and was so successful he left a 50M unclaimed prize as he did not want t publicity.

His story told by Mathematics professor here.

horse racing, soccer, basketball and some others are machine learn-able and predictable with high success rates. if someone has the historical data, they're worth trying
(18-05-2022, 04:25 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]horse racing, soccer, basketball and some others are machine learn-able and predictable with high success rates. if someone has the historical data, they're worth trying

got soccer punter told me , come EPL new season you just buy top teams win every match
end of the season you go calculate surely got profits minus your losses on those matches the team lost.
Of course you bet the SAME amount every time , the odds movement vary never mind important is Win

I not sure how true is it , I used to bet soccer I only bet whenever my mood come

this Year got World Cup you bet alot will go betting soccer again