SG Talk

Full Version: Fujian Province
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

【Aerial China 2】航拍中国第二季 福建

I am gonna say that really good video you have shared here. I really like this and would like to know more about this area. I must say that this is perfect for nature lovers.

Do you know about las vegas bus tours?
AhGong and Ahme really like this place.
(21-10-2022, 12:14 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]My AhGong and AhMe really like this place.

Both. About 150 years ago. They came from a village called Kuimei, Anxi District in Fujian Province, China.

It was then under the government of Manchu Dynasty, i.e. Guangxu 3rd Year according to the Chinese calendar.🌾
(26-05-2022, 10:33 PM)cityhantam Wrote: [ -> ]

【Aerial China 2】航拍中国第二季 福建

My Ah Gong and Ah Ma Fujian Province.  Love
(21-10-2022, 12:44 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]Both. About 150 years ago. They came from a village called Kuimei, Anxi District in Fujian Province, China.

It was then under the government of Manchu Dynasty, i.e. Guangxu 3rd Year according to the Chinese calendar.🌾

Your grandparents came about 150 years ago.

Your parents might be born about 120 years ago when your grandparents were around 30 years old and I am assuming a very late marriage by the standard of that era?

And you were born, also in a late marriage, about 90+ years ago?   

That would make you a contemporary of Mahathir. Laughing
Fujian Province is very big. It is bigger than some big countries.

North Fujian is different from South Fujian although both have the word Fujian.

If your ancestors come from Xiamen, Quanzhou, Fuzhou, then you are likely to have some of the coolie culture of those regions passed down to you.

But to expand your cultural roots to the whole of Fujian....well not even the Chinese living in Fujian can really identify with all of that.

The Fuzhou dialect is different from the "minan hua" spoken here. I have been to all over Fujian and I have heard so many versions of "Fujian dialect" which I could not understand.
(21-10-2022, 12:50 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]My Ah Gong and Ah Ma Fujian Province.  Love

Kuimei, Anxi District....https://hotelandplace.com/hotels/kuimei
(21-10-2022, 01:18 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]Kuimei, Anxi District....https://hotelandplace.com/hotels/kuimei

https://hotelandplace.com/hotels/kuimei
(21-10-2022, 12:59 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Your grandparents came about 150 years ago.

Your parents might be born about 120 years ago when your grandparents were around 30 years old and I am assuming a very late marriage by the standard of that era?

About 100 years ago...
(21-10-2022, 01:28 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]About 100 years ago...

Some uncle younger then me... Rotfl
(21-10-2022, 01:28 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]About 100 years ago...

Your grandparents became parents earlier than that, so you want to tell me you are about 100 years old ah?  Rotfl
(21-10-2022, 01:04 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Fujian Province is very big.  It is bigger than some big countries.

North Fujian is different from South Fujian although both have the word Fujian.

If your ancestors come from Xiamen, Quanzhou, Fuzhou, then you are likely to have some of the coolie culture of those regions passed down to you. 

But to expand your cultural roots to the whole of Fujian....well not even the Chinese living in Fujian can really identify with all of that.

The Fuzhou dialect is different from the "minan hua" spoken here.  I have been to all over Fujian and I have heard so many versions of "Fujian dialect" which I could not understand.

Tea and tea leave alot... Rotfl
(21-10-2022, 01:37 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]Tea and tea leave alot... Rotfl

If you have seen how they pluck tea leaves and pack them for export, you will never drink Chinese tea again for the next 100 lifetimes.  Rotfl
(21-10-2022, 12:59 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Your grandparents came about 150 years ago.

My Ah Gong born in years.1877. 145 years ago. They came from a village called Kuimei, Anxi District in Fujian Province, China.... Laughing
(21-10-2022, 01:44 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]My Ah Gong born in years.1877. 145 years ago. They came from a village called Kuimei, Anxi District in Fujian Province, China.... Laughing

Older then Dr M.
(21-10-2022, 01:42 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]If you have seen how they pluck tea leaves and pack them for export, you will never drink Chinese tea again for the next 100 lifetimes.  Rotfl

My uncle do visit...visit them. Not me. Rotfl
(21-10-2022, 01:57 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]My uncle do visit...visit them. Not me. Rotfl

School - Kajang High School
Today, this Hulu Langat Hokkien Association building standing along Jalan Timur was formerly the mansion of the late Low Ti Kok, JP.
(21-10-2022, 02:07 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]School - Kajang High School
Today, this Hulu Langat Hokkien Association building standing along Jalan Timur was formerly the mansion of the late Low Ti Kok, JP.

If. If my ancestors come from near Xiamen, Quanzhou?,  Maybe from Fuzhou, then you are likely to have some of the coolie culture of those regions passed down to you.

They are from. A village called Kuimei, Anxi District of Fujian
(21-10-2022, 02:20 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]If. If my ancestors come from near Xiamen, Quanzhou?,  Maybe from Fuzhou, then you are likely to have some of the coolie culture of those regions passed down to you.

A village called Kuimei, Anxi County, Quanzhoz District. Fujian
Near to Xiamen, from 》Quanzhou  Rotfl
(21-10-2022, 02:20 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]If. If my ancestors come from near Xiamen, Quanzhou?,  Maybe from Fuzhou, then you are likely to have some of the coolie culture of those regions passed down to you.

Anxi is a county, not a district.

Guess you don't really understand the terms district, county, town, city etc as used in China.

First, you have the country that's called the People's Republic of China.

It is divided into Provinces but some of them are allowed to operate independently as municipalities for eg, Shanghai, Tianin, and Chongqing.

Others are Special Administrative R.....for eg Hong Kong and Macau...and if Taiwan wishes to, it could be classified as that too.

Beijing is a standalone as the capital of the whole of China.

Other than these exceptions, all else are Provinces for eg. Fujian Province, Guangdong P, Sichuan P, Zhejiang P, Jiangsu P, etc etc.

Each province has a capital, but it's only the capital of that province, not of China.

Guangdong = Guangzhou
Fujian = Fuzhou
Sichuan - Chengdu
Zhejiang = Hangzhou
Jiangsu = Nanjing
etc

The province also has many other cities but only one as mentioned above is the capital city.

Each city is divided into districts or "qu".

Then there are smaller ones called towns...less developed than cities.

And of course, away from the towns and cities is the countryside where there are many many villages.  Those living in the villages in the countryside are the ones we see most....in Singapore working in blue collar work.  They speak in dialects we don't understand, they speak very loud, have bad civic behaviour which even the Chinese from the cities cannot stand...They also have a poor sense of personal hygiene, of safety, of cleanliness.

The vast majority of us are descendent of villagers, and hence, we can see the same bad behaviour in our older generation, the very old pioneer generation.  But after 50 years, we have become better.

It is very good already that the new arrivals (from Chinese cities) do not despise our PGs though they do know their story from Baidu.
(21-10-2022, 01:44 PM)Teeth53 Wrote: [ -> ]My Ah Gong born in years.1877. 145 years ago. They came from a village called Kuimei, Anxi District in Fujian Province, China.... Laughing

So assuming he became a father at 20, your father was born 125 years ago?

Assume that your father became your father at 20 you are now 105 years old?   Rotfl
(21-10-2022, 09:13 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]So assuming he became a father at 20, your father was born 125 years ago?

Assume that your father became your father at 20 you are now 105 years old?   Rotfl

A village called Kuimei, Anxi County, Quanzhoz District. A old man 5-yrs ago, Thankyoubye bye