SG Talk

Full Version: My dog with the Vet for 2 nights + operation costing $6,000 (now, he's gone forever)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
My dog with the Vet for 2 nights + operation costing  $6,000.

He's sick - not eating well for past 2 days and drinks little water.

What can I do?
Not a good sign
If able to eat or drink still got hope.
(29-05-2022, 09:41 AM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Not a good sign
If able to eat or drink still got hope.

Came home late last night, and saw him vomitting.

Rushed him to nearby vet emergency @12 am and waited until 4.05am then, I left.

Operating today. Hope he improved
(29-05-2022, 10:00 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Came home late last night, and saw him vomitting.

Rushed him to nearby vet emergency @12 am and waited until 4.05am then, I left.

Operating today. Hope he improved
My dog went operation twice after found a growth on skin. Costs almost $2k. Lucky can eat n drink n able to survive. Just hope for recovery for your dog
(29-05-2022, 09:33 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]My dog with the Vet for 2 nights + operation costing  $6,000.

What can I do?

if stay at the vet any longer...............will be your turn to not eating well for and drinks little water................if old dog and seriously sick, put it to sleep lor................i want to be put to sleep also no have...........
(29-05-2022, 10:14 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]if stay at the vet any longer...............will be your turn to not eating well for and drinks little water................if old dog and seriously sick, put it to sleep lor................i want to be put to sleep also no have...........

Vet giving me a choice

But I can't put him to sleep after seeing him for 7 years.
(29-05-2022, 10:14 AM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]if stay at the vet any longer...............will be your turn to not eating well for and drinks little water................if old dog and seriously sick, put it to sleep lor................i want to be put to sleep also no have...........

Need to keep a bottle of phenobarb handy lor..... Laughing
(29-05-2022, 10:18 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Vet giving me a choice

Difficult decision to make

Why must put him to sleep?

My dog only got sick when he was 16 years with me. When he was just a puppy he had very bad skin and I took him around to doc etc. Most can't cure until I met a groomer who intro me biotin and got him on lamb based food.

My dog passed away after spending 17 years with me. No choice one, all Birth eventually reaches end point call Death. Just don't have too much suffering can liao...
(29-05-2022, 10:34 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Why must put him to sleep?

Vet says it's difficult and complicated surgery . Not very sure of results and it's costly. X ray shows urine blockage causing infection.

I Called Govt Vet, they only cater for more common surgery.
(29-05-2022, 08:29 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Vet says it's difficult and complicated surgery . Not very sure of results and it's costly. X ray shows urine blockage causing infection.

Gallstone? Male or Female dog?
(29-05-2022, 08:29 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Vet says it's difficult and complicated surgery . Not very sure of results and it's costly. X ray shows urine blockage causing infection.

Urine blockage means not terminal illness. Now only depends on how much you love your dog and your financial situation.
Thats why, I keep 20k reserve for my dog medical 
Having a pet is not cheap 
If you are not prepare to part that money …. dun get a dog … get a guppy
(29-05-2022, 09:33 AM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]My dog with the Vet for 2 nights + operation costing  $6,000.

What can I do?

Can you help me buy a puppy in Australia? Then send to me?

but if dog suffering badly then ......................if dog not that old or sickly then okay lah

(29-05-2022, 10:25 AM)SotongOngTee Wrote: [ -> ]Need to keep a bottle of phenobarb handy lor..... Laughing

go where to buy ?.......buy from the vet ?
(29-05-2022, 08:53 PM)Goldmine Wrote: [ -> ]Gallstone? Male or Female dog?

Male
(29-05-2022, 10:06 PM)Napoleon Porlumpar Wrote: [ -> ]but if dog suffering badly then ......................if dog not that old or sickly then okay lah

go where to buy ?.......buy from the vet ?

Get from few clinics telling doctors about your insomnia and accumulate until more than 350 tablets of 30mg. Thinking
(29-05-2022, 10:38 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Male

Neutered?  Any other issue?  The surgery is definitely complicated.

What can I do?

Just 2 days after the ops. So long if he can eat and drink should be OK. He needs time to recuperate. He drinks a little water is because of the pain when he urine.  Dogs are smart. He will avoid having to pee by drinking lesser water. Monitor his condition closely.
How is your dog now?
(30-05-2022, 09:22 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]How is your dog now?

I put him to sleep today @ 1.56pm (11.56am Singapore time).
(31-05-2022, 03:57 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]I put him to sleep today @ 1.56pm (11.56am Singapore time).

Poor dog rip🙁
(31-05-2022, 04:28 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Poor dog rip🙁

Yesterday,the original Vet said doesn't have the confidence to perform such complicated surgery (already paid $5500), so refer to another Vet.
Sent him there, Vet says infected bladders out of position, and other infections too that costs $4000 maybe more if any complications arise in between the 2-4 hours. Then, staying in IE 24 hours  costing $1200 X 3 - 5 days.= Another $4k to $6k.

Whether fully recovered will depend on the dog himself.
(29-05-2022, 11:11 PM)Goldmine Wrote: [ -> ]Neutered?  Any other issue?  The surgery is definitely complicated.

Neutered male dog = eununch dog
(31-05-2022, 04:57 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday,the original Vet said doesn't have the confidence to perform such complicated surgery (already paid $5500), so refer to another Vet.
Sent him there, Vet says infected bladders out of position, and other infections too that costs $4000 maybe more if any complications arise in between the 2-4 hours. Then, staying in IE 24 hours  costing $1200 X 3 - 5 days.= Another $4k to $6k.

Call a flying doctor or bring back to Spore for better treatment.

Vet most of time they know even after Ops also not much chance recover one will tell u depend on your dog himself smlj means not much hope but give you a false believe it can cure or prolong longer life because can earn more money one shot from Surgery.
(31-05-2022, 04:57 PM)Scythian Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday,the original Vet said doesn't have the confidence to perform such complicated surgery (already paid $5500), so refer to another Vet.

So the first vet charged u for dog over nite without operation $5500 
Second vet is honest at least told u the truth before u pay
(31-05-2022, 06:07 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]So the first vet charged u for dog over nite without operation $5500 
Second vet is honest at least told u the truth before u pay

No free medical treatment for animals, must buy medical insurance for pets rise will be very costly.
Pages: 1 2 3 4