SG Talk

Full Version: True fitness member buay song gym, kpkb big time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am a member of True fitness for many years and have spent passed ten thousands of dollar over the past few years

However, the recent incident really pissed me off and want to voice my displeasure

True fitness introduced a12 hour cancellation policy earlier this year. Members will be blocked from making a booking for 1 week if members cancel the class booking within 12 hours to the start of the session. you are allowed to have 3 late cancellations per year. if you have two classes (including gym session) on the same day, if you cancelled both classes within the same day will be considered as 2 late cancellation.

Please note it is 12 hours in advance, If you have 3 bookings in the evening say 5 pm, 6 pm, 7pm and you decide to cancel all 3 bookings at 8am in the morning as you are not feeling well, well too bad it is considered as late cancellation. You will be blocked from making a booking for 1 week unless you pay S$25 administration fee to overwrite the late cancellation.

In order not to "meet" this 12 hour cancellation policy, I have understood that members are going down to the gym to clock the session even though he/she is sick or contagious. Is this a safe practice?

I was blocked from making a booking for 1 week due to "late cancellation" of 2 classes (on the same day). I had another "late cancellation" earlier this year.  I have cancelled all three slots at least 5-6 hours before the session commerce due to not feeling well. Is it 5-6 hour notice considered late in other gyms? The 1 week block is actually 10 days block as session is open 3 days earlier and slot is all taken up within seconds

I have a valid MC but was told by the customer service that they are unable to do anything unless I pay S$25 to remove the block. I have to write to their office and show them the MC and appeal for a waiver.

- They are not my employer. Why do I need to submit my MC to them? I have my own privacy. At least my employer will reimburse my medical fee. Can I claim the medical fee from True Fitness?

A lot more at https://tinyurl.com/wmhe3tvy
What the gym does sound reasonable.
Given limited capacity you need to prevent members from hoarding slots but not turning up.

2 strikes rule....one week bar if you did so twice sounds very generous also....they already give chance.
(02-09-2021, 08:27 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]What the gym does sound reasonable.
Given limited capacity you need to prevent members from hoarding slots but not turning up.

Some improvement would be 2 strikes rule....one week bar if you did so twice.

Customer is always right.
You dont know meh?
This is a cheap gym. After California closed down, many went to join tf.