SG Talk

Full Version: Hawker Chan loses his Michelin star
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A shock loss is Hawker Chan (formerly Liao Fan Hong Kong Soy Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle), which did not retain its one Michelin star, though its fellow hawker entrant Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle is still in the category since the Guide’s inaugural edition in 2016.

This also makes the Crawford Lane-based Tai Hwa the only Michelin-starred hawker stall in Singapore now.
Read more at https://www.8days.sg/eatanddrink/newsand...e-15400468
Can retire happily? Thinking
This stupid angmor know nothing about local food still act like an authority to give and take away star.
(02-09-2021, 08:34 AM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]This stupid angmor know nothing about local food still act like an authority to give and take away star.

Who care got star no star?
There was one of chefs said this b4.

For chef, we can only guarantee the food display is nice but does not guarantee the food itself taste good and nice to eat.
(02-09-2021, 08:44 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Who care got star no star?
There is one of chefs said this b4.

For chef, we can only guarantee the food display is nice but does not guarantee the food itself taste good and nice to eat.

I know many stupid local people that always say Michelin star this and that. We probably know better that that angmor what local food are good.
(02-09-2021, 08:46 AM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]I know many stupid local people that always say Michelin star this and that. We probably know better that that angmor what local food are good.

It doesnt mean michelin star food is nice to eat.
It only can guarantee the ingredients use probably are better grade. It still have to depend on the chef skill.
I went to few of the Japan Michelin restaurants to eat before when I was in Japan.
I dont find the food really fantastic.
Sometimes nice food is found in neighbourhood store.
F...k the star... i never bother.
Why would hawkers pay for the costly michellian annual fees??? The hawkers will charge the fees into the hawkers food and the customers have to pay for it???

I would rather get cheaper food than bother about michi.alian star
Good food spread by word of mouth even location may b way out... taking out this star may b blessing in disguise as the taste will b less atas Thinking
Just put ex Michelin star food.

Many will come...
(02-09-2021, 08:09 AM)BigBossX Wrote: [ -> ][Image: IMG-20210901-190610.jpg]
Rotfl Rotfl Rotfl
(02-09-2021, 08:49 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]It doesnt mean michelin star food is nice to eat.
It only can guarantee the ingredients use probably are better grade. It still have to depend on the chef skill.

There are a lot of stalls that local q long long with no star. Even food vlogger seldom cover because the stall owner can't be bothered to entertain them.
I really dont like this miche.lan lan hawker food. Their food are usually not that great but expensive.

I rather eat better tasting food without miche.lan lan
Another before and after-sales company. Plus why we need an Angmo to tell Asian what is Asian quality food? they have a better taste-bud?
Anywhere can get same quality but more reasonable price?...I remember their one chicken is $28(?)....
(02-09-2021, 11:11 AM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]Just put ex Michelin star food.

Many will come...

Just put MSG, all the hawker food will be Michelin star food? Clapping
(02-09-2021, 12:01 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Anywhere can get same quality but more reasonable price?...I remember their one chicken is $28(?)....

Found the answer to my own qn...

https://eatbook.sg/soya-sauce-chicken-hawkers/
(02-09-2021, 01:02 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Found the answer to my own qn...

https://eatbook.sg/soya-sauce-chicken-hawkers/

Why?  Nobody hiew you?  Laughing Laughing
I prefer the Upper Cross street soya sauce chickie ... the first one after the traffic junction. Noodles nice too .... price very reasonable. Chickie rice with sui kao (x3) soup only $5.50 or 6
I tried Hawker Chan when he was at Toa Payoh.... nothing fantastic leh.... and quite ex Big Grin