SG Talk

Full Version: Malaysian's American wife experienced culture shock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Actually after watching the video I am.shocked that she js shocked.

1. You mean jn USA buy things never need to bargain? Sounds hard to believe.

2. She say she is shocked by wet floor of toilet. Amerivan toilet floor is dry?

3. Calling friends to drink coffee at coffee shop is shocking?...you mean in America people cannot call a friend out to meet at coffeeshop?..must book appointment?
(25-06-2022, 10:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]

2. She say she is shocked by wet floor of toilet.  Amerivan toilet floor is dry?

3. Calling friends to drink coffee at coffee shop is shocking?...you mean in America people cannot call a friend out to  meet at coffeeshop?..must book appointment?

No need to be so defensive when she criticise your home country lah.
In case you havent realised something about youtube vids

"Shock" and "Shocking" are clickbaits

2. She say she is shocked by wet floor of toilet.  Amerivan toilet floor is dry?

3. Calling friends to drink coffee at coffee shop is shocking?...you mean in America people cannot call a friend out to  meet at coffeeshop?..must book appointment?

It is true that the public toilets in Malaysia are always wet as people dunt use toilet paper but running water. This is not the case in the U.S. and many other countries.
(25-06-2022, 10:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Actually after watching the video I am.shocked that she js shocked.

1. You mean jn USA buy things never need to bargain? Sounds hard to believe....its not their culture to bargain , i went to their so call pasar malam...no bargaining unless you buy more , some discount 

2. She say she is shocked by wet floor of toilet.  Amerivan toilet floor is dry? yes always dry ..never saw a wet toilet in US, even in the public toilet

3. Calling friends to drink coffee at coffee shop is shocking?...you mean in America people cannot call a friend out to  meet at coffeeshop?..must book appointment?.... they usually call to have a meal , not over cofee

Balek kampong lah!

1.  do you bargain in supermarket ?

2.  most of toilet in usa is not wet.   the toilet in changi airport is not wet too.

3.  no coffee shop in usa.

WHY don't you travel a bit more?
Her husband is Malay or Chinese?
US public toilets are dirty. Homeless and drug addicts frequent them and remember George Michael was arrested for having sex in a puble toilet in US! Be careful of getting mugged raped or pricked by a needle in a US public toilet!

This lady talk cock! She is pretentious and just want to increase her viewership! Clickbaits! Won't even click on her YouTube video.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/53145-ho...oilet-seat
(25-06-2022, 10:18 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]Actually after watching the video I am.shocked that she js shocked.

1 and 2 is highly possible. Even in Singapore, some people prefer to go to places where the prices are clearly labelled and they need not bargain to buy stuff. For a lot of homes in Singapore, toilets are divided into 2 segments, the dry part where the toilet bowl, basin etc are at and the bathing part which can be wet.
(25-06-2022, 12:22 PM)drgn Wrote: [ -> ]1.  do you bargain in supermarket ?

2.  most of toilet in usa is not wet.   the toilet in changi airport is not wet too.

3.  no coffee shop in usa.

WHY don't you travel a bit more?

Unlike us Americans dunt like to sit down & drink coffee at table, they mostly take away and drink while walking to office or train station, different culture
(25-06-2022, 12:49 PM)sporeguy Wrote: [ -> ]US public toilets are dirty. Homeless and drug addicts frequent them and remember George Michael was arrested for having sex in a puble toilet in US! Be careful of getting mugged raped or pricked by a needle in a US public toilet!

This lady talk cock! She is pretentious and just want to increase her viewership! Clickbaits! Won't even click on her YouTube video.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/53145-ho...oilet-seat

In Singapore such graffiti are mostly written behind closed doors inside cubicles lah! Sometimes they wrote 4D numbers lah!
She was served bakuteer, CKT, prawn mee, horfun repeatedly for meals.