SG Talk

Full Version: This property strategy is legal?.?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This advert popped up when i was watching YouTube.
[Image: LFnQIbZ.jpg]
[Image: 1Zk4acB.jpg]

Just 2 minutes can deduce strategy is this
1. Rent  a property condo or HDB apartment
2. Divide the property into smaller spaces to rent to more people. Maybe pack 6 people into a 2 room apartment for example
3. Collect the rent is more than  what you pay to the owners.

This type of strategy what are the issues? Wouldn't the owner be upset you did this? Is this form of subletting even legal?
Bullshit there is no free lunch in this world. If so good why do he need to advertising in YouTube?
(25-06-2022, 01:03 PM)RichDad Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/property...ting-10323

I feel he may be using some kind of loophole to do this
(25-06-2022, 01:19 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]I feel he may be using some kind of loophole to do this

I think so too, such as the contract not stating that he could not sublet. Of course, this loophole is only applicable to private properties as HDB does not allow subletting.
the difficult parts are mediation and eviction. you cannot just cut off the utilities if the account is still under the tenant's name, and cannot lock them inside as it's illegal. mediation will take very long and often no outcome

one simple way is to lock them out, and leave a note to tell them you'd lost the master key so you change to new lock. and they can collect new keys from you anytime
It's a coliving business. Quite common nowadays, but it's not passive income. You need to actively manage the cleaning and maintaining. Plus the fact that as the lead tenant, you are taking the liability of non paying sub-tenants and property damage.