SG Talk

Full Version: GST hike should not be pushed back any further, Government prepared to do more if
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GST hike should not be pushed back any further, Government prepared to do more if situation ‘worsens significantly’: DPM Wong
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/singapor...ng-2788261
Quote:“Let me be clear. Taking into account the latest inflation, the latest higher prices, this assurance still holds today. This is because we had designed the package with a buffer precisely in case of higher inflation,” said Mr Wong.
Quote:4. Overemphasizing their trustworthiness: "To be honest."
Liars often overemphasize their truthfulness by adding words or phrases to a statement that are meant to make them sound more convincing. However, the actual effect is usually the opposite. By adding phrases that emphasize they're telling the truth, the speaker loses credibility and weakens the argument.

Overemphasizing truthfulness includes phrases such as:

"To be honest"
"To tell you the truth"
"Believe me"
"Let me be clear"
"The fact is"
You may think these phrases will convince others of your reliability and you probably mean to bolster your integrity and accuracy, but this isn't necessary if you're being honest.

10 Telltale Phrases That Indicate Somebody Isn't Telling the Truth

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/321282
It is $6.6 Billion Assurance Package. Maybe the rest of the money is to save the dying Singapore Sports Hub.
before gst. gov can work on those business that setup many small business to bill so that they do not have to collect gst. many high margin business like reno company are doing taht.
they employ ft to do sale, surpervised deal.give contract to ft/fw contractors. what does it benefits singapore.
coffeshop owners lease out their store but count the store holders as their head count to employ fw then sell quota to store holders. think mom need to work hard. all these can bring in more revenue for government not the private individual.

consider giving back gst increased to singaporean for next 50 years to match the increased. then net only foreigners and rich are tax.