SG Talk

Full Version: What Gov’t can learn from Ang Mo Kio Sers exercise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
POV: What Gov’t can learn from Ang Mo Kio Sers exercise

While there’s no pleasing everyone, and redevelopment is necessary, gleaning lessons from this exercise could help get more buy-in," says the author, as future SERS exercise could be as emotional if not more, with ageing HDB flats and a greying population.

🏠 https://tdy.sg/3c2yLDO

@todayonlinesg
The writer made a point that I also wonder about. Why exactly were those few blocks in amk chosen? They are old but not especially.

The plot seems very valuable. Is the govt going to sell the plot to build condominiums like it did in the past at several prime sites next to Queenstown and Redhill MRT?
Anyone knows what the plot of AMK land will be used for? Why other plots cannot be used?
(09-07-2022, 11:37 AM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]The writer made a point that I also wonder about. Why exactly were those few blocks in amk chosen? They are old but not especially.

The plot seems very valuable. Is the govt going to sell the plot to build condominiums like it did in the past at several prime sites next to Queenstown and Redhill MRT?

Yah, I hope govt is not building more condos. But then these are instant cash cows so I wouldn't be surprised.
(09-07-2022, 11:37 AM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]The writer made a point that I also wonder about. Why exactly were those few blocks in amk chosen? They are old but not especially.

Only rich people get to live near or next to MRT Stations while the poor have to walk or take a bus.
PAP always use one broom to sweep everybody

Base on that aunty's comment,

older folks want convenience

give them SERS in new area with more value

so what? Only PAP can be so immature
The question is phrase wrongly.
Try again.
remember the people are slaves
the plot of land is also not near to mrt. but it is near to cte and central locations to go east via cte tpe so is suitable for ec developments.
their owners has like hit top prize in lucky draw, still there are people who are not happy.
next time maybe should also add an element of all residents owners vote on it after announcement.
if no 90% agreed then freeze it for 5 years then vote again. at least if not successful those who want to benefits. can sell it, 5 years cause as time passed people situations changes and can be more ready.
also the selling of shorter lease is a good move. might also want to consider letting people who buy these shorter lease flats under resale to top up lease years to the same as those initial 99nyears. sure the price then as to be inline with new hdb flats price.