SG Talk

Full Version: Political dynasties dominate Japan’s democracy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Of Japan’s 30 post-war prime ministers, only three have had no political family background. Current Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has a strong political pedigree. His maternal grandfather, Nobusuke Kishi, was Japan’s prime minister in the 1950s and his father, Shintaro Abe, was Japan’s foreign minister in the 1980s.

Three candidates likely to challenge Abe’s hold on the LDP leadership in the near future also come from political families: Shigeru Ishiba, Fumio Kishida and Taro Kono.
That is why i said Japan policitic is worse than CCP.
Marcos is back so not just Japan but throughout Asia.

Park was daughter of president Park. It turned out cult was so confident people will later vote for her started using her as a puppet from young. Later she would win the presidential election but some reporters exposed the string pullers behind her and the govt collapsed.

Somehow Asian voters are attracted to name and family background.
(12-07-2022, 05:07 PM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]That is why i said Japan policitic is worse than CCP.

You jump into wrong conclusion. We know everything about LDP, their scandals etc but nothing about China inside.

But i do agree many democracies have flaws.
(12-07-2022, 05:09 PM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]You jump into wrong conclusion. We know everything about LDP, their scandals etc but nothing about China inside.

But i do agree many democracies have flaws.

In japan, outside of clans is almost impossible to get in the top posts.

Look at CCP leaderships... it is a mixed of outsiders and some insiders.