SG Talk

Full Version: My Uncle say getting foreigners talents/worker better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
locals want WFH this and that benefits , must well work in public sectors/stat boards.

Foreigners talents/workers will not ask these, as their main agenda come SG is to work.

Actually quite true as Business owner point of view.
I'll probably hire foreigners too if I'm an employer. Seriously I don't see sinkies have much advantage over others.
(25-07-2022, 01:14 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll probably hire foreigners too if I'm an employer. Seriously I don't see sinkies have much advantage over others.

this is why I don't say my Uncle, he is somehow is correct as he is a businessman.

I happen to see from ST , the writer talk about WFH blah blah I was thinking SPH better hire foreigners better lol replace these local writers.
Our CPF makes us more expensive

Companies will prefer FTs

That is why EP has no levy nor quota

to allow FREE Access
(25-07-2022, 12:33 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]locals want WFH this and that benefits , must well work in public sectors/stat boards.

Foreigners talents/workers will not ask these, as their main agenda come SG is to work.

The quality is poor….I went for annual medical checkup at a wellknown clinic in Orchard, to my surprise 90% of the staff are now foreigners from the Philippines and Burma, some of them can’t speak English properly, or can’t understand English correctly. I found the service is lousy, quality drops significantly. I called it’s hotline, all the customer service staff have foreign accents and some of them are inpatient and rude….I will never ever go back there again. 10 years ago it was totally different story, great service and professional, I was very impressed.
(25-07-2022, 01:43 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]The quality is poor….I went for annual medical checkup at a wellknown clinic in Orchard, to my surprise 90% of the staff are now foreigners from Philippines and Burma, some of them can’t speak English properly, or can’t understand English correctly. I found the service is lousy, quality drops significantly. I called it’s hotline, all the customer service staff have foreign accents and some of them are inpatient and rude….I will never ever go back there again. 10 years ago it was totally different story, great service and professional, I was very impressed.

last time locals don't complain much now different, is foreigner workers/talents don't complain as their mission , agenda is come SG work , once earn enough bye bye

is a Trade here lor.
(25-07-2022, 01:44 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]last time locals don't complain much now different, is foreigner workers/talents don't complain as their mission , agenda is come SG work , once earn enough bye bye

is a Trade here lor.

No lah, Sporeans always like to complain even last time….the problem is the foreigners they hired are poor in English and not professional at all. I am not against FTs but we must maintain the good standard of service. Cheaper workers shouldn’t be translated into lower quality of service.
(25-07-2022, 01:48 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]No lah, Sporeans always like to complain even last time….the problem is the foreigners they hired are poor in English and not professional at all. I am not against FTs but we must maintain the good standard of service. Cheaper workers shouldn’t be translated into lower quality of service.

if you are business owners will think different lor.
(25-07-2022, 01:44 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]last time locals don't complain much now different, is foreigner workers/talents don't complain as their mission , agenda is come SG work , once earn enough bye bye

is a Trade here lor.

Business owners like to cut costs to maximise the profits, however they are not aware of the potential problems. If your uncle replace you with a Burmese I can tell you your uncle will lose all his customers within a month.
(25-07-2022, 01:52 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Business owners like to cut costs to maximise the profits, however they are not aware of the potential problems. If your uncle replace you with a Burmese I can tell you your uncle will lose all his customers within a month.

hehe because I nephew can't be replace.
Because very business owners also snatching REAL GOOD Foreigner talents/workers.

those lousy one is those business owners don't know how to see their HR so happen hire them.
(25-07-2022, 12:33 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]locals want WFH this and that benefits , must well work in public sectors/stat boards.

Foreign politicians best

They give welfare and benefits to workers all the time
(25-07-2022, 01:54 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]hehe because I nephew can't be replace.

Ask your uncle to promote you as director and hire an FT to do your work see how it goes.
(25-07-2022, 01:56 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Ask your uncle to promote you as director and hire a FT to do your work see how.

You must well say ASK PAP get FT as new candidate become MP/Minister see how.

Who is your uncle leh?
(25-07-2022, 01:43 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]The quality is poor….I went for annual medical checkup at a wellknown clinic in Orchard, to my surprise 90% of the staff are now foreigners from the Philippines and Burma, some of them can’t speak English properly, or can’t understand English correctly. I found the service is lousy, quality drops significantly. I called it’s hotline, all the customer service staff have foreign accents and some of them are inpatient and rude….I will never ever go back there again. 10 years ago it was totally different story, great service and professional, I was very impressed.

That reminds me of an occasion many years ago when I went to Toshiba to fix my laptop. The person attending to me was a Filipino and she mumbled something on my arrival. I couldn't make out what she's saying and have to ask her to repeat. She said this again and I gave her a puzzled look. This went on for some time until I asked her to write it down on paper. She was quite pissed off and thought that I'm making fun of her lol.

Anyway, we have no choice but to get foreign blue-collar workers here because our young simply don't want these jobs. There's no going back, unless Singapore went into a recession and people's livelihoods are severely affected.
(25-07-2022, 02:00 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]That reminds me of an occasion many years ago when I went to Toshiba to fix my laptop. The person attending to me was a Filipino and she mumbled something on my arrival. I couldn't make out what she's saying and have to ask her to repeat. She said this again and I gave her a puzzled look. This went on for some time until I asked her to write it down on paper. She was quite pissed off and thought that I'm making fun of her lol.

Anyway, we have no choice but to get foreign blue-collar workers here because our young simply don't want these jobs. There's no going back, unless Singapore went into a recession and people's livelihoods are severely affected.

maybe PM lee is happy recession coming to SG , a RESET for SG
(25-07-2022, 02:00 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]That reminds me of an occasion many years ago when I went to Toshiba to fix my laptop. The person attending to me was a Filipino and she mumbled something on my arrival. I couldn't make out what she's saying and have to ask her to repeat. She said this again and I gave her a puzzled look. This went on for some time until I asked her to write it down on paper. She was quite pissed off and thought that I'm making fun of her lol.

In service line, these FTs or FWs must be trained to speak proper English and learn how to handle customers professionally (never show black face or scold customer), no compromise….if not our standard will drop lower and lower.
(25-07-2022, 02:05 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]In service line, these FTs or FWs must be trained to speak proper English and learn how to handle customers professionally (never show black face or scold customer), no compromise….if not our standard will drop lower and lower.

actually Some speak good english than Locals. I encounter some FT as support wow their english is really American accent or even UK.

I already say business owners now also snatching REAL Foreigner talents/workers not those half pass six one sneak into SG also.
That why the empolyer is spoilt by all this FT.like that all local die liao lah.

It is OK if you don't understand what she said. It is only a laptop.

My experience was worst than you when I went for a medical check-up. The radiologist mumbled something that I couldn't understand. It really sent chills down my spine. And it was a private hospital.
If companies can pay locals $66k like Ramesh, we can be as good as average FTs, too. So they are not in any position to complain.