SG Talk

Full Version: Now 7th month is unlike back in good old days.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I still remember come 7th month like CNY. My parents will bring back red bucket inside full of foods, snacks , soft drink, roast pork, duck, chicken , rice, and got one Flag place inside. Than at night will go attend the dinner aka also " bidding for things ".

can see the joss stick been burned a dam big and tall , beside Getai or Wayang show.

Now a days come 7th month is quiet.
(25-07-2022, 01:01 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]I still remember come 7th month like CNY. My parents will bring back red bucket inside full of foods, snacks , soft drink, roast pork, duck, chicken , rice, and got one Flag place inside. Than at night will go attend the dinner aka also " bidding for things ".

can see the joss stick been burned a dam big and tall , beside Getai or Wayang show.

Do you remember when the Joss sticks were the biggest and burned the brightest our economy was at it's best
(25-07-2022, 01:14 PM)Harry Lee Wrote: [ -> ]Do you remember when the Joss sticks were the biggest and burned the brightest our economy was at it's best

of course man! those year SG is at the Golden period , everyone is happy even those not say rich also happy.
Two years didnt see 7 months dinner, selling black gold.
(25-07-2022, 02:06 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Two years didnt see 7 months dinner, selling black gold.

now 7mth not like last time liao ...quiet

the last I still can feel the mood is like late 90s than come 2000

ban big joss sticks , blah blah tone down till now ...zzzz
(25-07-2022, 02:08 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]now 7mth not like last time liao ...quiet

the last I still can feel the mood is like late 90s than come 2000

ban big joss sticks , blah blah tone down till now ...zzzz
No more getai Liao
(25-07-2022, 02:12 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]No more getai Liao

crap low SES Wang lei maybe now prefer do FB live selling than sing
(25-07-2022, 02:35 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]crap low SES Wang lei maybe now prefer do FB live selling than sing

Many are doing it

Earn how much nobody knows
Last time, household pray and burn paper money on the first day ( to welcome the “uncles and aunts”, 15th day (plus foodstuffs ) to feast them, and last day, to send them off on a peaceful journey. Nowadays, most households cut down to one praying sessions on the first day only. Young couples families hardly even do it at all.

I wonder if this the reasons for so many problems nowadays...... pandemic, monkey pox, inflation, wars & association, ban of chicken, palm oil, food not enuf, money not enuf, the whole world in prison mode, scams, scammers escape away, road rages like woman hulk etc.etc etc etc etc etc ALL HAPPENING AT THE SAME TIME!
Now 7th month smoke ciggerattes liao la..electronic some more...those underground also must learn to accept LED candles next time liao la..
(25-07-2022, 01:01 PM)[[ForeverAlone]] Wrote: [ -> ]I still remember come 7th month like CNY. My parents will bring back red bucket inside full of foods, snacks , soft drink, roast pork, duck, chicken , rice, and got one Flag place inside. Than at night will go attend the dinner aka also " bidding for things ".

All very quiet liao lah!
Heard the Bukit merah TB cases, few positive folks already died.
You people show pay a visit at Changi Loyang's Tuah Pek Kong...中元节好兄弟 is the in-thing without need for getai

[Image: 2a9032396af379ef10a563741b46a45e.gif]