SG Talk

Full Version: NUS prof’s academic fraud. Heads should roll
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NUS Business School reviewing visiting professor’s credentials after accusations of academic fraud

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/nu...ud-1952721
Ccb AH Tiong Bu..china PRC CCP Scam cheat lie expert...culture 5000 history
Back to the old days?  Nobody trust China qualification? 只会吹牛
Learn from Someone lah?
FTs are so damn lucky

Nobody check their qualifications, resume

Not even employment history nor character reference

FT#1 POLICY
(26-07-2022, 10:07 AM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]Learn from Someone lah?
From him?

https://www.twitter.com/fight444justice/...9241182208
(26-07-2022, 09:50 AM)Sharexchange Wrote: [ -> ]Ccb AH Tiong Bu..china PRC CCP Scam cheat lie expert...culture 5000 history

Not fair to say all Chinese. Unless u ah neh
no checking? lazy or ignorant?

but at least they're "reviewing" her qualification now, unlike the more famous one in tw province which is almost 40 yrs and nothing has been done
Real Shame.
(26-07-2022, 10:51 AM)A2Z Wrote: [ -> ]Real Shame.

Ah Shame still hiding under the carpet. Dare not come out to blast NUS.
Why?
A check by TODAY found no official website for such a university while Times Higher Education

----------------------------

Who is at Fault? 

No such university existed but MOM issued

her EP to work here

MOM Director head must roll

with JoTeo on the chopping board, too
those who recruited her shd take responsibility lah. not the first case, let's see what excuses they'd give this time.
fraud, cheats, scam happening everywhere. from politics to academic to layman. just accept it.
Some heads should roll for hiring such dishonest academic. Wonder any more of such bad hats in academia. An independent probe should be set up to thoroughly review recruitments.
a few yrs ago got one ann who taught at the medical sch, only exposed when he went to us. wonder if their students need to retake those courses they taught? or just move on?
Degree or experiences count ?
Why did Peking University employ such a professor in the first place?

I think NUS just assumed that she is the real deal since PKU had already employed her. Visiting professor is a short-term attachment role.
Maybe women make bad Ministers or women cannot do administration properly due to clouded mind.
(26-07-2022, 01:57 PM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]Why did Peking University employ such a professor in the first place?

I think NUS just assumed that she is the real deal since PKU had already employed her. Visiting professor is a short-term attachment role.
NUS should not be blamed for it, since she is only a visiting professor. You can't expect nus to review a visiting professor since it's usually the one doing the invitation. 

I was an adjunct in nus for some time and they've never asked to see my credentials. It's common practice worldwide.
(26-07-2022, 02:12 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]NUS should not be blamed for it, since she is only a visiting professor. You can't expect nus to review a visiting professor since it's usually the one doing the invitation. 

I was an adjunct in nus for some time and they've never asked to see my credentials. It's common practice worldwide.

Ah Chye never ask you?
(26-07-2022, 02:12 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]NUS should not be blamed for it, since she is only a visiting professor. You can't expect nus to review a visiting professor since it's usually the one doing the invitation. 

Visiting or not is not the issue

Since MOM issue the EP

then it is their FULL responsibility to check

before it can be issued

They always out the Cart in front of the Horse
no matter what, the one who invited or recruited her and the HR shd take on the responsibility/blame

if not, there will more such cases and that's unfair to those with the real credentials but are deprived of the opportunities
(26-07-2022, 02:17 PM)RichDad Wrote: [ -> ]Ah Chye never ask you?

Talking abt this chye….

I have known a close friend since 2018. Sometimes he shared with me his hiking/outing pictures together with his kakis/schoolmates. I never bothered abt who those ppl in the pic were but I know his network is good la. Then one day, the chye was on tv and I went…omg…isn’t he one of the uncles in the pictures…?

I always get chastised from this friend... Rolleyes
(26-07-2022, 02:25 PM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Visiting or not is not the issue

Since MOM issue the EP

then it is their FULL responsibility to check

before it can be issued

They always out the Cart in front of the Horse

ICA already say cannot fl checks cos it will slow down and jam up... Same for work related permits lor...
(26-07-2022, 12:19 PM)Newbie Wrote: [ -> ]Some heads should roll for hiring such dishonest academic. Wonder any more of such bad hats in academia. An independent probe should be set up to thoroughly review recruitments.

Likely more hidden cases similar to this not unearthed. The whole Stat Board and MOM are shaking hands to make this loophole a success for some agenda that does not benefit us.
(26-07-2022, 09:02 PM)TalkingRabbit Wrote: [ -> ]Talking abt this chye….

I have known a close friend since 2018. Sometimes he shared with me his hiking/outing pictures together with his kakis/schoolmates. I never bothered abt who those ppl in the pic were but I know his network is good la. Then one day, the chye was on tv and I went…omg…isn’t he one of the uncles in the pictures…?

I always get chastised from this friend... Rolleyes

You from RI?
I remember there was a professor who told us that the new hired research assistants and research fellows from ah neh land were reading computer books for Dummies in the office.
I will not be suprised if they can find a number of similar kind in N.tu
Happens before - NUS is very good at firing "professors"... Big Grin

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/n...th-student
(26-07-2022, 12:17 PM)Rainforest Wrote: [ -> ]fraud, cheats, scam happening everywhere. from politics to academic to layman. just accept it.

Don't forget violence....

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/c...een-sacked
Pages: 1 2