SG Talk

Full Version: Finally watched a Taiwanese TV series that I can recommend others
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I gave up on Taiwanese TV series decades ago until April 2019 when I watched 我们与恶的距离 (The World Between Us). I watched it mainly because of the ratings and the hype. It did NOT entertain me. I can understand why people like it as it deals with mental illnesses and the media etc, a topic that needed to be shown in a TV series. But it did not entertain me.

Then I tried watching another highly-rated but older (from 2016) 6-episode Taiwanese series, 荼蘼 (Life Plan A and B), which is about 2 possible routes in life based on a decision. The TV series showed both routes. Looks interesting but I gave up at episode 2 even though it starred 杨丞琳 (Rainie Yang). Did not finish the episode.

Then I watched 想见你 (Someday or One Day) back in March 2020. And it was much better. Nice "time traveling" plot and great acting from both leads who look credible acting as teenagers. Especially the male lead who was in his 30s then.

That led me to watch another Taiwanese TV series in August 2020 with a high rating which is 谁是被害者 (The Victims' Game). A promising start and first half but it kind of goes a bit downhill as it goes on.

And now I just watched another Taiwanese TV series which I considered to be better than all the above. This one is from 2015 and is titled 麻醉风暴 (Wake Up). It only has 6 episodes and is a nice realistic mystery centred on the healthcare system in Taiwan. It is not as dramatic (and thus more realistic) relative to US, Korean TV series. Finally, a Taiwanese TV series that I can recommend to others.

https://movie.douban.com/subject/26353324//

There is a 13-episodes part 2 in 2017 which I will start watching soon.
I have stopped watching Taiwanese series for a long time.

Lousy!
For Taiwanese movie 保镖 was the only one worth watching imo... Big Grin

(02-08-2022, 09:22 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]For Taiwanese movie 保镖 was the only one worth watching imo... Big Grin

LOL. This one is really the definition of NATO. No Action Talk Only.
(02-08-2022, 09:26 AM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]LOL. This one is really the definition of NATO. No Action Talk Only.
Rotfl
Lo Lee lo so very sian drama