SG Talk

Full Version: $700 if you can run 2.4km under 7 minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It is difficult but I think many people can. This SRY is quite cocky.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/soh-rui-yong-c...28702.html
(09-09-2021, 07:31 PM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]It is difficult but I think many people can. This SRY is quite cocky.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/soh-rui-yong-c...28702.html

How many persons can do it..?
My best during NS was near 10mins.

Big Grin
Think bro Dynamite can... he's been training for these type of challenge  Thinking
[Image: Screenshot-20210909-194121.jpg]
-
He's going to hai si lang lor. So many took mRNA vaccines liao still ask them to run so hard. later heart attack who will be responsible?
(09-09-2021, 07:44 PM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]He's going to hai si lang lor. So many took mRNA vaccines liao still ask them to run so hard. later heart attack who will be responsible?

This may be true....
he should not

many desperate for money may take the challenge
The world record for 3000m is 7:20.67.

So the best runners in the world can do 2.4m under 6mins (and don't brag about it).
Last time in in camp training, one Indian guy 6.5 min and still got stamina to come back and pace others.
(09-09-2021, 07:41 PM)Galilo_l Wrote: [ -> ]Think bro Dynamite can... he's been training for these type of challenge  Thinking

My best timing was during BMT, 9:07 only. Now I do not want to push hard anymore. Now the body is much older, do not think I can get below 11 even if I reach my peak.
..... top national marathoner Soh Rui Yong who has managed to run under seven minutes with a timing of 6min and 53sec on Saturday (Sept 4) – the fastest recorded in Singapore.

Previously, it belonged to Marcus Ong who held a time of 7min and 22sec. A good timing for most males in their twenties, falls between ten to 12 minutes.
My best was during my BMT days 9.02mins(if I remember correctly) ... miss out on gold by mere seconds
That time fittest in my life, even thou I am not those born super sporty kind ... everyday wear heavy boots run up and down
(09-09-2021, 08:51 PM)alanis Wrote: [ -> ]..... top national marathoner Soh Rui Yong who has managed to run under seven minutes with a timing of 6min and 53sec on Saturday (Sept 4) – the fastest recorded in Singapore.

Previously, it belonged to Marcus Ong who held a time of 7min and 22sec. A good timing for most males in their twenties, falls between ten to 12 minutes.

He get $700 from pokka?
(09-09-2021, 07:41 PM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]My best during NS is near 10mins.

Big Grin

My best timing during NS was 7 min 55 secs Big Grin

Serious.
(09-09-2021, 11:02 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]My best timing during NS was 7 min 55 secs Big Grin

Serious.

You skip one round izzit  Big Grin
(09-09-2021, 11:07 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]You skip one round izzit  Big Grin

I represent at formation level in NS hor Big Grin
(09-09-2021, 11:56 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]I represent at formation level in NS hor Big Grin

U should aim for the 700. If can, skip a round Big Grin

During my pre NS days, I gotta a know a guy running 6mins plus at SMI, an intelligence sergeant. There are such people in NS... Clapping
(09-09-2021, 11:02 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]My best timing during NS was 7 min 55 secs Big Grin

Serious.

[Image: large-v-Jdaoz-PTIAtgk-YEF4-Gxy4dz0v39.jpg]
Always gold.
(10-09-2021, 12:01 AM)Niubee Wrote: [ -> ]U should aim for the 700. If can, skip a round Big Grin

During my pre NS days, I gotta a know a guy running 6mins plus at SMI, an intelligence sergeant. There are such people in NS... Clapping

My best timings were in my NS days.  Now so many years oredi :o

Still even our timings cannot fight against our sg Indian commando runners.  They can run bare feet over hilly terrain Big Grin
Should be doable since the marathon record holder runs every 2.4km of the marathon under 7minutes.

My best time was in secondary 4 when I ran 8m 54s. Never improved on that time ever as I stopped sports in JC and went artistic (mainly choir, musical instruments, drama etc). Even during NS, I never break that PB (I did run my first marathon during that time though).

During my JC years, one of the guys ran 7m 30s and a bunch of others that ran between 8m to 8m 10s. All in the JC athletics team and/or cross country team.
(09-09-2021, 11:56 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]I represent at formation level in NS hor Big Grin

Which unit are you from?
(09-09-2021, 07:55 PM)starbugs Wrote: [ -> ]The world record for 3000m is 7:20.67.

So the best runners in the world can do 2.4m under 6mins (and don't brag about it).

That time I watched 1 of the Olympic10km run. 2.4km about 5mins++, I couldnt remember the exact second.
(10-09-2021, 08:53 PM)RiseofAsia Wrote: [ -> ]That time I watched 1 of the Olympic10km run.  2.4km about 5mins++, I couldnt remember the exact second.

This guy's world record run of 3000m. His time at 6 laps is 5:50s, yet with another 600m to go. >1min faster than SRY.

I got one platoon mate that try to cheat in 2.4 and the very night send to DB. After two weeks, he came back botak head and become a very fast runner.
(10-09-2021, 09:51 PM)dynamite Wrote: [ -> ]I got one platoon mate that try to cheat in 2.4 and the very night send to DB. After two weeks, he came back botak head and become a very fast runner.

DB maybe kenna chase by bayi want to poke his butt butt .... that why can run so fast
(10-09-2021, 08:31 PM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Which unit are you from?

Definitely not from commandos Big Grin
(10-09-2021, 10:19 PM)p1acebo Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely not from commandos Big Grin
I had a JC mate, a chow aqua wear red beret when he comes collect A level .... waaaaa .... everyone so impressed .... but he/she came clean with us ..... commando clerk  Rotfl 
He/she so happy there said can see topless hunky men running up and down and join them naked while bathing everyday  vomit
This SRY quite childish. This kind of thing also wants to challenge people.
Pages: 1 2