SG Talk

Full Version: Pelosi’s son who joined her unofficially on Taiwan trip hold large Chinese tech stake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
13 Aug, 2022 19:45

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s son Paul Pelosi Jr. is the second-largest investor in Chinese telecom firm Borqs Technologies, a recent Daily Mail report has revealed. The younger Pelosi did not publicly disclose his stake in the US$22 billion firm before accompanying his mother on the taxpayer-funded trip to Taiwan.

The younger Pelosi was not listed as a member of the delegation and had no government post or other stated mission to carry out.

Pelosi is not only a major investor in Borqs, a player in the Chinese internet-of-things and 5G sector, but has also worked as a consultant for the firm, according to US Securities and Exchange Commission

He was rewarded for his services with 700,000 shares in the firm, at which time his holdings were exceeded only by CEO Pat Sek Yuen Chan

Despite not being listed as part of the official delegation, the younger Pelosi was photographed with Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen and other officials from the contested territory.

Better to read full report athttps://www.rt.com/news/560787-pelosi-so...ts-taiwan/
aiya many anti china but aso eat china rice. here aso got such fan guat zai.
(14-08-2022, 09:34 AM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]13 Aug, 2022 19:45

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s son Paul Pelosi Jr. is the second-largest investor in Chinese telecom firm Borqs Technologies, a recent Daily Mail report has revealed. The younger Pelosi did not publicly disclose his stake in the US$22 billion firm before accompanying his mother on the taxpayer-funded trip to Taiwan.

The younger Pelosi was not listed as a member of the delegation and had no government post or other stated mission to carry out.

Pelosi is not only a major investor in Borqs, a player in the Chinese internet-of-things and 5G sector, but has also worked as a consultant for the firm, according to US Securities and Exchange Commission

He was rewarded for his services with 700,000 shares in the firm, at which time his holdings were exceeded only by CEO Pat Sek Yuen Chan

Despite not being listed as part of the official delegation, the younger Pelosi was photographed with Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen and other officials from the contested territory.

Better to read full report athttps://www.rt.com/news/560787-pelosi-so...ts-taiwan/

comie dog here used RT, the most fake media in this world, banned by almost whole world now!
why global ban? all the BS, lies, self-created rubbish for communist propaganda!
banned in spore yet these dog are real desperate to spread such rumor & stir hit here 7/24, norm, in all these comie dogs posts & threads!
all these comie liars here!
That is terrible. Looks like America democracy is a club for politicians to enriched themselves. Joe Biden's son, Hunter, runs a series of biolabs in Ukraine and a colorful bunch of rogue deals all over the globe. Now Pelosi's husband is an insider trader and a son with doubtful tech dealings in Taiwan. ..... Rolleyes
(14-08-2022, 09:44 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]That is terrible. Looks like America democracy is a club for politicians to enriched themselves. Joe Biden's son, Hunter, runs a series of biolabs in Ukraine and a colorful bunch of rogue deals all over the globe. Now Pelosi's husband is an insider trader and a son with doubtful tech dealings in Taiwan. ..... Rolleyes

Has always been that way. And it's legal. Their bills are always super thick and has fine print where certain money is given to certain businesses. Since these are part of the bill and is passed so they become legal subsidies.
(14-08-2022, 09:44 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]That is terrible. Looks like America democracy is a club for politicians to enriched themselves. Joe Biden's son, Hunter, runs a series of biolabs in Ukraine and a colorful bunch of rogue deals all over the globe. Now Pelosi's husband is an insider trader and a son with doubtful tech dealings in Taiwan. ..... Rolleyes

This I don't disagree.
US is a disappointment for me.
The check and valance is weak and over time politicians game the system. The media became split to left and right and bias.

Having said that, it will be worse if it js not a democracy and there is no check and balance under dictators.

Look at Indonesia under Suharto and Phillipines under Marcos Snr, corruption ran from top to bottom. 

Najib was corrupt and removed when he lost the elections. He has no ability to cover up be abuse of the free press and scrutiny. 

Under dictatorships you basically have no chance to go after those in power for wrongdoing.
(14-08-2022, 10:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]This I don't disagree.
The check and valance is weak and over time politicians game the system. The media became split to left and right and bias.

Having said that, it will be worse if it js not a democracy and there is no check and balance under dictators.

Look at Indonesia under Suharto and Phillipines under Marcos Snr, corruption ran from top to bottom. 

Najib was corrupt and removed when he lost the elections. He has no ability to cover up be abuse of the free press and scrutiny. 

Under dictatorships you basically have no chance to go after those in power for wrongdoing.

Indonesia and Philippines are still just as corrupted or  even worst than before after gaining democracy. The people even voted in another Marcos..... Rolleyes
(14-08-2022, 09:34 AM)Levin Wrote: [ -> ]13 Aug, 2022 19:45

Basically holding too many businesses  have to let go few for show.

sheepies are their audience . Big Grin
(14-08-2022, 10:11 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Indonesia and Philippines are still just as corrupted or  even worst than before after gaining democracy. The people even voted in another Marcos..... Rolleyes

Democracy is not perfect but dictatorship the downside is worse.

Jokowi has to stay much cleaner that Suharto because any scandal he will be arrested and jailed.

Similarly, Marcos Jr has to much cleaner than his father Marcos Snr. Remember that actor president Phillipines had a few years ago he was caught and jailed.

Democracy is not perfect qnd some countries due to religios and cultural background is difficult to implement....but by far the overwhelming evidence is it works well...NZ , Norway Sweden, S. Korea etc....and not to forget Taiwan.
(14-08-2022, 10:11 AM)Huliwang Wrote: [ -> ]Indonesia and Philippines are still just as corrupted or  even worst than before after gaining democracy. The people even voted in another Marcos..... Rolleyes

[Image: Screenshot-20220812-152432-Gallery-2.jpg]

Does US look like a democracy to u given all those things u said above about US? Their democracy is just paying lip service only. Democracy only when it serves their personal interests. Democracy only when it puts them on top so that they can enslave those below. Self serving democracy is not democracy. It's hypocrisy.
(14-08-2022, 11:45 AM)winbig Wrote: [ -> ]Does US look like a democracy to u given all those things u said above about US? Their democracy is just paying lip service only. Democracy only when it serves their personal interests. Democracy only when it puts them on top so that they can enslave those below. Self serving democracy is not democracy. It's hypocrisy.

Nicely worded..... Clapping
(14-08-2022, 10:06 AM)sgbuffett Wrote: [ -> ]This I don't disagree.US is a disappointment for me.
Having said that, it will be worse if it js not a democracy and there is no check and balance under dictators.Look at Indonesia under Suharto and Phillipines under Marcos Snr, corruption ran from top to bottom. Najib was corrupt and removed when he lost the elections. He has no ability to cover up be abuse of the free press and scrutiny. Under dictatorships you basically have no chance to go after those in power for wrongdoing.

America disappoint you ? Gee...since when did you suddenly grew up  ?  Laughing

Ask you 3 simple questions:
  1. Why wasn't George W Bush charged for War Crime for WMD lies and invasion of Iraq ?
  2. Why wasn't JFK label a terrorist for using chemical weapons in Vietnam ?
  3. And why didn't Clinton lost his Whitehouse job?

Now, tell us about Dictatorship, Democracy and "checks and balances"... Tongue

[Image: VictoriousEdibleBarracuda-size_restricted.gif]
Doesn't necessarily paint bad light on Pelosi? If they're corrupted, won't make sense to tekan China and own family pockets

You mean Chinese officials are whiter than white?  Big Grin
(14-08-2022, 12:31 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]America disappoint you ? Gee...since when did you suddenly grew up  ?  Laughing

1. Why wasn't George W Bush charged for War Crime for WMD lies and invasion of Iraq ?

[Image: VictoriousEdibleBarracuda-size_restricted.gif]

aiya ah buty will tell u china is 100x times worse off
(14-08-2022, 12:37 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]You mean Chinese officials are whiter than white?  Big Grin

I only know PAP's party members uniform is always "white"....Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3yJio0GDiu8_NQbNyHFl...w&usqp=CAU]
flowery goat aso
(14-08-2022, 12:34 PM)lylcnn Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't necessarily paint bad light on Pelosi? If they're corrupted, won't make sense to tekan China and own family pockets

It's above board, and above the book.

Those shareholdings are not secrets.  If it is corruption, it would be a complex web that is well nigh impossible to trace back to her or her son.

Just because her son made some sound investments, or was given shares actually, the anti-freedom fighter want to pant Pelosi's son as corrupted and by extension, Pelosi and the entire USA. Big Grin
(14-08-2022, 12:39 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]I only know PAP's party members uniform is always "white"....Big Grin

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS3yJio0GDiu8_NQbNyHFl...w&usqp=CAU]

You prefer this colour?  Rolleyes

[Image: 20111106-Wiki-C-Mao-Zedong-with-women-in-1950.jpg]
(14-08-2022, 12:39 PM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]aiya ah buty will tell u china is 100x times worse off

I can guarantee you sgbuffet will never dare to reply to my posts... Laughing
(14-08-2022, 12:44 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]I can guarantee you sgbuffet will never dare to reply to my posts... Laughing

SgBuffut does not twist and turn.  He is not right all the time, but when he is wrong and proven to be wrong, he will just back off.  

On the other hand, you will start howling away....

So when he see you doing that, I think he will pass.  Don't want to waste time on you.

Btw, we all know that you had never dared to debate with ponpokku in edmw....well, nobody likes to be ridiculed, and ponpokku never gave chance. Big Grin
(14-08-2022, 12:43 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]You prefer this colour?  Rolleyes
[Image: 20111106-Wiki-C-Mao-Zedong-with-women-in-1950.jpg]

What "colour"? I can only see shades of grey in that photo which interestingly is in China's news archive of 1957 CCP conference.
At least Mao didn't had to sneak around like Bill did in the White House.

1957年毛泽东和共青团代表在一起 (3rd National Representative Conference, 1957)

https://news.sina.com.cn/c/2003-12-11/13392347170.shtml
(14-08-2022, 12:49 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]SgBuffut does not twist and turn.  He is not right all the time, but when he is wrong and proven to be wrong, he will just back off. 
On the other hand, you will start howling away....So when he see you doing that, I think he will pass.  Don't want to waste time on you.Btw, we all know that you had never dared to debate with ponpokku in edmw....well, nobody likes to be ridiculed, and ponpokku never gave chance. Big Grin

Sorry...I lost you in your latest tantrum... Rolleyes
(14-08-2022, 09:40 AM)kokee Wrote: [ -> ]comie dog here used RT, the most fake media in this world, banned by almost whole world now!
why global ban? all the BS, lies, self-created rubbish for communist propaganda!
banned in spore yet these dog are real desperate to spread such rumor & stir hit here 7/24, norm, in all these comie dogs posts & threads!
all these comie liars here!

all these comie dogs here, whatever can con or brainwash morons, lies, they just want to do it.
so desperate! let them be!
the more kena con the better!
well done, morons!
(14-08-2022, 12:31 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]America disappoint you ? Gee...since when did you suddenly grew up  ?  Laughing

Right, CCP ish goot.  Laughing

Hu Jintao's daughter graduated from a university, aged 21, and immediately became the Lumber 2 (wo)man of a SOE.

Do you know how big a Chinese SOE is?

At the age of 21, what working sexperience did she have to be the Lumber 2 (wo)man?  Hmmm?     

And the Lumbar Huan man in the SOE had to lan lan suck it up.  He did not dare to say "No".   Rotfl

When Winnie "cracked down" on corruption to silence his opponents, Hu got a signal from Winnie to diam diam before he's next after Bo Xilai.  Hu wisely kept his mouth shut after that, as did Jiang Zemin....  Big Grin
(14-08-2022, 12:41 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]It's above board, and above the book.Those shareholdings are not secrets.  If it is corruption, it would be a complex web that is well nigh impossible to trace back to her or her son.Just because her son made some sound investments, or was given shares actually, the anti-freedom fighter want to pant Pelosi's son as corrupted and by extension, Pelosi and the entire USA. Big Grin

No lah, Pelosi didn't say its a "complex web" - She says her hubby just a normal shareholder exercising his rights in US' "free economy"... Big Grin

(14-08-2022, 01:02 PM)Oyk Wrote: [ -> ]Right, CCP ish goot.  Hu Jintao's daughter graduated from a university, aged 21, and immediately became the Lumber 2 (wo)man of a SOE.
Do you know how big a Chinese SOE is?At the age of 21, what working sexperience did she have to be the Lumber 2 (wo)man?  Hmmm?    
And the Lumbar Huan man in the SOE had to lan lan suck it up.  He did not dare to say "No".   RotflWhen Winnie "cracked down" on corruption to silence his opponents, Hu got a signal from Winnie to diam diam before he's next after Bo Xilai.  Hu wisely kept his mouth shut after that, as did Jiang Zemin....  Big Grin

Sorry, I lost you in your tantrum.. Rolleyes
(14-08-2022, 12:55 PM)Manthink Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry...I lost you in your latest tantrum... Rolleyes

Let me rephrase my words to make it clearer for you ah!

For you, I will do point form.

1.  There is a forum member called ponpokku in edmw @ HWZ.

2.  CCP ibs hate him.  They really do.

3.  Man(y) tried to attack him, in one big group.  All ran away with their tail tucked between their legs.

4.  Man(think) did not run away.  He did not even go near....was hiding and quietly watching the slaughter.  

Jin sia suay. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2