SG Talk

Full Version: Two dead after eating Louisiana oysters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gustaf Kilander
Thu, 18 August 2022 at 4:16 am

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Vibrio bacteria doesn’t lead to an oyster smelling, looking or tasting any different than others.

Around 100 people die from it every year out of the 80,000 people who get vibriosis

“Oysters are top of the mountain for dangerous foods to eat,” Mr Oreal told The Sun-Sentinel. “I have eaten them my entire life, and will continue. But you are putting yourself at risk when you do it.”

According to the Florida Department of Health, 26 people have been infected and six of them died after consuming raw shellfish, such as oysters, so far in 2022.

Last year, 34 people grew ill and 10 of them died. In 2020, 36 people were infected and there were seven deaths.

Dr Farr told the outletthat the safest way to eat an oyster is to avoid having it raw, as cooking it will eliminate any remaining bacteria.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/two-dead-eatin...10002.html
sometimes when i eat raw sushi..i also think twice ...

you never know

i recal the incident of the fish porridge and the victims having to loose his hands and legs to survive..all because of the raw fish
better to be safe than sorry
do not eat fresh seafood 
fresh fruits is gd
Easy to remember lousai..oysters