SG Talk

Full Version: My friend wants me to grow own vegetables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After I gave her many plastic containers ( from biscuits tub, ice-cream, my soy milk cups   . . .)

She used NEA seeds to grow vegetables 

after 2 attempts, quite successful

although her leafy greenish yellow
need nitrogen, sunlight and pest control to avoid yellow leaves
(27-08-2022, 10:37 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]need nitrogen, sunlight and pest control to avoid yellow leaves

Her HDB flat next to her door has morning sun 

so must be nitrogen and pest then

Her siao- bai- chai also soft and frail

I see already also dare not grow
(27-08-2022, 10:46 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Her HDB flat next to her door has morning sun 

Nitrogen easy to solve. Just need to fertilize with urine  Big Grin
most kitchen scraps and animal waste, fish tank water rice water are full of nitrogen, so no problem. pests are quite a problem
Those I saw at those allotment garden plots grew very well. Someone grew lots of lettuce. Another one had a huge melon (winter melon I think). Overheard someone saying coriander not easy to grow, don’t know how true?
Lots of chilli padi too.
(27-08-2022, 10:48 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Nitrogen easy to solve. Just need to fertilize with urine  Big Grin

I tot they need to get from Russia… Rotfl
Your Urine can or not?
US Quietly Urges Russia Fertilizer Deals to Unlock Grain Trade

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...rain-trade
(27-08-2022, 10:52 AM)Ichigo Wrote: [ -> ]Those I saw at those allotment garden plots grew very well. Someone grew lots of lettuce. Another one had a huge melon (winter melon I think). Overheard someone saying coriander not easy to grow, don’t know how true?
Lots of chilli padi too.

Yes, coriander is not easy to grow. I've tried many times but failed, and this was corroborated by many others in gardening groups.

Recently someone recommended some coriander seed brand to me. Seems like this particular species is easier to grow in our environment. I've just ordered it but yet to try out.
(27-08-2022, 10:48 AM)Blasterlord2 Wrote: [ -> ]Nitrogen easy to solve. Just need to fertilize with urine  Big Grin

HUH

Ooohh. . . . . .

Must grab my void deck cat to pee then
coriander loves morning sunlight but cannot withstand hot temperature, strong wind and heavy rain. and life cycle rather short
(27-08-2022, 11:04 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]coriander loves morning sunlight but cannot withstand hot temperature, strong wind and heavy rain. and life cycle rather short

In the past I grew my coriander under grow lights, no strong wind nor any harsh environment. Still cannot, sigh..
(27-08-2022, 11:04 AM)WhatDoYouThink? Wrote: [ -> ]coriander loves morning sunlight but cannot withstand hot temperature, strong wind and heavy rain. and life cycle rather short

They seem to grow very fast. Saw some grown at the plot allotment, after they were harvested the person switched to growing lettuce. Overheard one gardener say tried a few times but failed and gave up.
(27-08-2022, 11:11 AM)Ichigo Wrote: [ -> ]They seem to grow very fast. Saw some grown at the plot allotment, after they were harvested the person switched to growing lettuce. Overheard one gardener say tried a few times but failed and gave up.

Does lettuce need more space?
You can try to grow Brazilian spinach. They grow fast and you can propagate them easily, giving you an endless supply of veg. Lee Bee Wah has put this up on her facebook about her harvest.
We are Going Back to the Past into the 50s to be farmers in Singapore? Urban Farmers:

[Image: AB1-B9-DF7-4-D40-4-CE5-9024-9-AF409-E0-D11-D.jpg]
My chilly plant hanging with chillies so heavy the branches broke due to rain
I used to grow strawberries, very easy, need a lot sunlight
(27-08-2022, 10:46 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Her HDB flat next to her door has morning sun 

My siao bai chai fully grown tall,cut n cooked.
Can grow red chills in the small pots
My avocado,lemon.lime plants now about 8,9 feet tall
Gardening is my passion.
Lol
(27-08-2022, 12:55 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]Can grow red chills in the small pots

Better with larger pot.
(27-08-2022, 01:00 PM)Lukongsimi Wrote: [ -> ]Better with larger pot.

I used to have one leman tree, one orange tree, one olive tree and one maple tree.
(27-08-2022, 01:32 PM)lvlrsSTI Wrote: [ -> ]I used to have one leman tree, one orange tree, one olive tree and one maple tree.

Apple trees are hard to grow due to worms and birds
Some people grow grapes at home.

[Image: A9-AFD1-FE-B912-4-B0-B-9970-81-EC66173154.jpg]
anybody grow Drawrf Watermelon before?

Looks like can ripe in 4 mths to eat

[Image: Dawrf-Watermelon.png]
[Image: 741932-BA-0137-45-F0-AAF1-17-A822-BCC68-E.jpg]

[Image: 31-D816-F2-2-E60-4124-A120-C8038-A5-D6844.jpg]
(27-08-2022, 11:42 AM)Ola Wrote: [ -> ]Does lettuce need more space?

First have to confess that I know nuts about growing plants. This one is lettuce correct or not? The person just used containers, quite a few of them and planted these plants which look like lettuce to me.

[Image: AA3-C9385-A3-F2-409-F-9991-AD17-C1-BB039-D.jpg]
Pages: 1 2